patmckenna

Kare h.264 digital video recorder battling with 'Now TV'

Hi Folks, I have a Kare h.264 digital video recorder running four cameras, using the TV as a monitor When we turn on 'Now TV' a HDMI resource accessing TV channels, movies, programmes etc.) the CCTV system immediately stops recording. It continues to produce live images and is connected to the TV through a separate HDMI slot. It occurred to me that if I connect the video recorder to a separate monitor, I may solve the problem but don't want to move it too far from its existing spot (length of cables, entry points of cabling etc. into the house). Any suggestions, please. [i haven't dared set the system up remotely (internet, mobile apps) yet as the diagrams and instructions gave me a fright, reducing me to a gibbering wreck.] Pat

Hi Folks, I have a Kare h.264 digital video recorder running four cameras, using the TV as a monitor When we turn on 'Now TV' a HDMI resource accessing TV channels, movies, programmes etc.) the CCTV system immediately stops recording. It continues to produce live images and is connected to the TV through a separate HDMI slot. It occurred to me that if I connect the video recorder to a separate monitor, I may solve the problem but don't want to move it too far from its existing spot (length of cables, entry points of cabling etc. into the house). Any suggestions, please. [i haven't dared set the system up remotely (internet, mobile apps) yet as the diagrams and instructions gave me a fright, reducing me to a gibbering wreck.] Pat

Hi. Does your dvr and tv also have VGA .?.......

Also if your now tv came with a HDMI cable try another one

Hi Tom - thanks for the reply. I checked after work on Friday - the video recorder has a Vga slot but the TV doesn't. I connected the video recorder to a TV with a vega slot. Again, when I turned on the infernal Now TV box, the recording from the cameras stopped. I then switched to an 'ordinary' computer monitor connecting via vega cables and hey presto - problem solved - the recording remains solid. Many thanks for your contribution. Pat