island

Need serious help dvr selection

Guys,

I turn to you because i've exhausted all my search efforts.

I've been using tvt based dvr's for a long time. TVI for the last year or 2.

Some of these examples are:

ED series from eastern

avycon / cantek

KT&C http://www.ktncusa.com/dvr_nvr/hd-sdi-real-time-dvr/ezhd-tvl8

A little while ago they switched the interface because everything went hybrid. When they did they completely jacked it up so instead of being easy as butter it is now so convoluted and lost some functionality.

I've been trying different brands to no avail.

At first I tried hikvision. Then I tried avycon and found it was the same one I was using then it switched to the new gui which I didnt like. My disty said try the winic / kt&c because it's basically the same as avycon / eastern, and so I did today. It's ridiculous so im on a quest.

I need something easy for clients to use and for me to set up. Graphical interface is preferred.

I looked at everfocus, channel vision and speco and none fit the bill.

Forget dahua, i've had so many failures from them I cant count.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a TVI?

Here is what I need, among other things:

1. Easy to set up. What I mean by easy is I shouldnt have to dig through menus for something without finding it. It should be intuitive.

2. There shouldnt be redundant settings on different pages where if it's set on one page but not the other it wont work. Stupid.

3. Should be able to do multi channel playback.

4. Should be able to search by even as well as time.

5. Playback should be easy to navigate.

6. Good app?

Anything else im forgetting.

Appreciate any help.

Hi. Move away from tvi ... Open source tend to be the same.

Your list of dislikes is long and does not leave much left.

Try dahua cvi or start using IP systems.

Thanks for the reply Tom.

I did 1 cvi system approx 2 years ago. I'm not sure I want to go that route because it's a one horse rodeo, meaning that it's dahua own technology and if it disappears and I need to replace a camera here and there I won't be able to.

I did switch to ip right after the cvi and did many dahua ip based systems before they went downhill and I had many failures which cost me a lot of time and money. After that is when I went back to the previous equipment I was using except it was now tvi instead of analog.

I'd like to stay tvi because I think it will be around a long time should I need to replace equipment I'll be able to get it from many different manufacturers.

Yes my list of dislikes is long but I can't believe there's nothing left? Those tvt units were awesome except for the ok ne fact they fubar'd the gui. Ugghh.

Dahua runs both tvi and cvi. Cvi is now upto 4mp.

You can't compare TVT to anything else .... It's the lowest budget system on the market.

Dahua runs both tvi and cvi. Cvi is now upto 4mp.

You can't compare TVT to anything else .... It's the lowest budget system on the market.

It may be the lowest budget but it works great. Only had 2-3 failures in 8 years. With dahua I have about 10 failures in 2 years, most of that is ip based though.

Also, the technology doesn't bother me as much as the interface. In other words, if the dahua tvi interface sucks, then I'm guessing the cvi or ip interface sucks also.

I'm on a quest.

Are you familiar with tvt interface? If you are, what is the closest to that I can get?

Thanks

Yes like many are very familiar with TVT. 4 years ago they refused any support to 60% of there distributors and would not replace units.

It's clear you don't know dahua if you think the interface is different to there cvi ..... It's the same interface for cvi tvi ahd 960h and IP.

TVT has the most basic interface on the market .... It's budget DIY

Look at avermedia interface

As a installer you should be fitting a system for the environment it is protecting with features that are needed for that customer.

Sticking with one format you are not giving your customers the service of an install company.

Thanks but I'd disagree with that. As a company I should know a system thoroughly and support that to my clients instead let's say having 10 clients with 8 different systems.

I don't do commercial it's all residents so the tvt units have been fine and will do everything I need them to while being easy for me to support and more importantly easy for clients to use.

If not your cup of tea that's fine, that's why there are many flavors of ice cream too.

I did not know about their lack of support to their distributors but if I had a problem my distributor would take care of it, besides the fact I've had near zero failures, far far less than I had with dahua and that distributor actually gave me many hassles.

As for the interface being the same I do t think you're paying attention to what I said. You make my point for me.

This is what I said in other post

"Also, the technology doesn't bother me as much as the interface. In other words, if the dahua tvi interface sucks, then I'm guessing the cvi or ip interface sucks also"

Thanks anyway Tom.

I'll keep looking.

Also, the technology doesn't bother me as much as the interface. In other words, if the dahua tvi interface sucks, then I'm guessing the cvi or ip interface sucks also"

Wow .... Your right stick with TVT

Dahua don't have different interfaces for each format

Sorry man you're still not reading what I wrote.

I didnt like the dahua interface, whether it was cvi or ip, so they all suck is what im saying, i know they're basically the same.

Have fun with dahua, maybe their issues will catch up to you or maybe not but if they do you'll understand.

My first priority is to put in RELIABLE equipment. TVT has always been, Dahua has not. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Thanks anyway