rtq2334

DVR Recommendations to replace existing system

Hello from Queensland, Australia.

I was hoping someone could help me as I'm still somewhat beginner with DVR systems but technically minded.

I'm looking for a recommendation on what DVR to buy for our Perth Office.

The office already has 6 Security Cameras in the building, but the DVR unit has died (fan is faulty or power issue)

Here is a image of the DVR unit & cables, it appears to be a generic brand.

297208_1.jpg

297208_2.jpg

This is the unit I'm thinking about purchasing at Jay Car

https://www.jaycar.com.au/8-channel-ahd-dvr/p/QV3147

Has anyone else got any recommendations?

Will need Remote/Network view via Browser & ideally App.

Appreciate any help.

Thankyou!

Hi,

Try to look for another type which is HD-CVI DVR. This is a Tri-brid DVR where in the future you can change your analog cameras to High Definition-CVI cameras with up to 5 megapixel while using your existing coax cable. you can install a smart PSS to view it in your PC and a software to view it in your android or iphone type of mobile phone.

Hi. That is a different format than yours and will not run your cameras.

Hi,

Try to look for another type which is HD-CVI DVR. This is a Tri-brid DVR where in the future you can change your analog cameras to High Definition-CVI cameras with up to 5 megapixel while using your existing coax cable. you can install a smart PSS to view it in your PC and a software to view it in your android or iphone type of mobile phone.

Thanks tomcctv and ferdzff,

Can you give me some examples of systems that I will need or refer some example products/specifications, or help me understand why it wont work?

Would something like this be more suitable?

http://www.jjdigital.com.au/product-spec.php?cid=0&c0id=1&pid=1322

Hi. Your current cameras are analog so will not run on your first link listed.

Your last link is a good unit and will run your existing cameras ... and it also allows you to update your cameras later to HD cameras.

I would also surgest if you order that recorder also order 1 CVI camera...... then you will see the difference

Your last link is a dahua unit

Hi. Your current cameras are analog so will not run on your first link listed.

Your last link is a good unit and will run your existing cameras ... and it also allows you to update your cameras later to HD cameras.

I would also surgest if you order that recorder also order 1 CVI camera...... then you will see the difference

Your last link is a dahua unit

Thank you very much appreciate your help.

Hi,

Tom has the right answer go for Dahua DVR. i upgrade 80 cameras including PTZ cameras from analog to high definition using HD-CVI DVR and still using the existing analog cameras. gradually i replace the analog to HDCVI during our preventive maintenance.