Sign in to follow this  
digitecks

hikvision dvr password hacked

i have had a few older hikvision dvrs, saying incorrect user or password, even thoe its not been changed by me or customer, i have used an on line web page to genarate a rest code and used old sadp to reset and change, i allways change from default password when i install.

has any one els come across this problem

Same thing happened to me lately on 3 Hikvision's DVRs. Two of them had default passwords , but the third one had not. It looks that there is some malicious software running around the internet.

Hik have done away with hiddns...... Gray market and copy units could connect with it........if you Re registered before Feb 2017 with real hik to hik-connect then it would be fine as long as firmware update is done as well ........and you can't put the new firmware on copy or OEM

eBay and the likes are now full of hik that will no longer take updates.

Amazon are now in control of hik-connect DDNS services

i have had another three with the paasword changed, lucky i found an online link to reset them instead of emailing hik and waiting

Yes Please share the link - I have 15 HV NVR's at client locations that are affected. This hack seems to be growing with little to no communication from the vendors