Blinkenlights

Axis Companion problem with Q-series PTZ cams

I'm stuck with a problem using the Axis Companion software and apps. For streaming over the local network, it's fine all cameras show up. But remote access over the internet, all of the cameras show up except for the Q-series PTZs. When I go to enable internet access in the software, it says "incorrect password". What the heck is it talking about? The password works over the LAN, why wouldn't it work over the WAN?

All running the latest firmware.

I'm assuming that the password is for Companion and not the camera password you have to use on the LAN?

Where would I go to change that password? I tried just now under Basic Users and now the cameras are completely locked out of Companion.

Evidently the cameras in question are not supported.

I updated to the latest version of axis companion software and it now says they are not supported where they used to say incorrect password.

Axis Companion doesn't support their own cameras??

I recently upgrade firmware in an older Axis camera and update Companion to the latest version. In Companion, the status of the camera would show in red with an error. However the camera was viewable and I was able to playback the SD card.

Axis tech support suggested a possible problem with the computer which I have not returned to the site to confirm.

Axis Companion doesn't support their own cameras??

I recently upgrade firmware in an older Axis camera and update Companion to the latest version. In Companion, the status of the camera would show in red with an error. However the camera was viewable and I was able to playback the SD card.

Axis tech support suggested a possible problem with the computer which I have not returned to the site to confirm.

To clarify, it was an issue with enabling remote viewing. Remote viewing, they say, is only compatible with models with firmware version (don't quote me on the exact number) 5.5 and higher.

Playback over the same network still works.

I do have a workaround for remote and remote mobile viewing and the way i did it was to create another stream profile with mjpg with 50 compression. Those mjpg record simultaneously with the h.264 recordings. The mjpg recordings won't play in the axis companion app however you can play them in a web browser using the play button under the recordings list.