Sign in to follow this  
danieljephcott

Small home setup

Hello all, new to the forum. I've never had cameras before but just bought a nice new car and moving to a new house in June so why not.

Anyway at the moment I'm looking for a simple setup that connects to the internet. I'm looking for an indoor camera in good quality running full hd and then a second cam outside above the garage looking at the car. I want a system that I could add another cam or two.

Under the stairs will be all the internet setup and actually above this is where I'd want my indoor cam as it will get the front doo and living room, I could have this connected to an Ethernet cable and power. The garage is detached but has power so I was hoping a powerline from inside the house will allow me to connect the outdoor cam via Ethernet aswell. I'm hoping I could just have an nvr which connects to the internet and then any cam on the internet will be picked up. I could then attach a hard drive to the nvr or get one with inbuilt memory. I would want atleast 2 weeks of 24/7 recording and hopefully would be able to view on my phone.

If you can recommend a setup cams etc, I'd really like to keep this at £300 max if possible.

Thanks in advance

Dan

any NVR should be able to do 24/7 recording, but I would advise against that. Motion detection is all that is needed. If there is no motion, what are you recording? If you record 24/7, it is very time consuming to track down when something happens. It also fills hard drive space very quickly.