Sign in to follow this  
lostsoul65

Simple view of my backyard that I can record

I know nothing about surveillance so I wanted to know what I should buy to have just two cameras for my back yard that I can see on a monitor and record?

I guess a stand alone system would suit your requirements. A DVR for recording, a dedicated screen and the cameras.

Various systems can display the image on your TV, something like a Swann system seems to fit your requirements...

http://www.swann.com/

I just ordered a Montavue security system, haven't got it yet, but the specs on the cameras are great! I just checked to see if they have a small system like what you are looking for, and they do have a 4 channel 2 camera system!

There are many different systems out there to choose from!

I just ordered a Montavue security system, haven't got it yet, but the specs on the cameras are great! I just checked to see if they have a small system like what you are looking for, and they do have a 4 channel 2 camera system!

There are many different systems out there to choose from!

Yes but over priced

When comparing the price to Swann, Lorex, Q-See, Amcrest, etc. on the packages and individual components with similar, but lesser specs, Montavue was priced equally, or better...like I said before they have a 10% off coupon just like Lorex and the other guys.

Of course you can always find cheaper cameras and packages, but spec for spec Montavue is priced very well, and Lorex, Q-See, and Amcrest don't even have the 4MP cameras Montavue is carrying....they have the old generation. Look at the specs of the Lorex LNB4321B, 20fps and h.264 with the old IR LED's. Montavue's are 30fps and h.265 with the new rectangle LED's. Comparing apples to oranges....

Yes lorex do sell the 4mp and the 8 8k

If you want to spam that company .... then get facts right about other companies

But you have to remember your seller is only rebadging dahua

So they sound stupid with saying we designed this and that.

A 6 month old company will not have cameras made by dahua

I guess I didn't make that clear. Yes Lorex, does have the 4MP, but they have a lesser model compared to the Montavue 4MP.

Lorex is also rebranded Dahua, and they claim they develop those cameras as well.

From looking at the firmware and apps on the Montavue system, and comparing it to Dahua, they are identical. What do you mean they would not have cameras made by Dahua?

I guess I didn't make that clear. Yes Lorex, does have the 4MP, but they have a lesser model compared to the Montavue 4MP.

Lorex is also rebranded Dahua, and they claim they develop those cameras as well.

From looking at the firmware and apps on the Montavue system, and comparing it to Dahua, they are identical. What do you mean they would not have cameras made by Dahua?

Just shows you know nothing.

Lorex is owned by flir who have a full production licence. There recorders look nothing like dahua ones.

As far as app ..... first it's just the lite app and it has only had 4 downloads from the App Store ..... again it's dahua app and just had badge changed.

So you are happy in your claim that he sells better cameras and that dahua supplies him with better cameras than what dahua produce for everyone else.

The sales man lies to you he lies on website about them being the developers

Tom,

I do know what I'm talking about. You just didn't really read it right, that is why I had to be more clear. Lorex has 4MP cameras, just not as good of ones as the Montavue 4MP cameras.

Dahua produces FLIR and Lorex. They just pay to have a more custom housing, the Montavue cameras and NVR's are also different than the dahua housings for most components. Look at Lorex's motorized cameras and PTZ's, no customization at all, just screening the Lorex logo on it.

I checked Lorex's FLIR Cloud app against the Montavue app, and they are identical with identical features. I also checked Dahua's lite app versus their plus app, and both Montavue and Lorex's apps use the plus. The lite version doesn't have push notifications, e-map, etc and both Lorex's and Montavue's apps have those.

Q-See, Amcrest, Lorex, Honeywell, FLIR, Swann, Annke....literally all of them claim to be the developers, when in fact either Hikvision or Dahua is producing the cameras.....so that point doesn't really matter.

Obviously, Lorex or the other companies could buy that equipment, however it probably doesn't meet their market price and margin requirement, so they go with the liter model and sell it for the same price that Montavue sells the upgraded models for....

Yes your right about the app .... Which is what I said but they claim

Our self developed MontavueGO mobile viewing app is a totally free service that comes with all Montavue systems, and is very simple to set up within minutes. This allows you to monitor your Montavue security system from around the world using your Android, iOS, Mac, and PC from wherever you have access to the internet.

I also have the problem with understanding development of hypeIR

I had to Wait till this morning to get some info ....... I see montavue ordered direct from dahua .... (As do we since 2004)

Order shows nothing other than standard DAHUA cameras and recorders.

They have a blog post about the HypeIR. It is just their long range night vision.

You install Dahua branded products?

From their blogs, "Color Night Optics" which is the same thing as "Color Night Vision" from Lorex is essentially the starlight sensor, but they state minimum lux in their products and sensors.

The HypeIR is the long range infrared night vision.

From their blogs, "Color Night Optics" which is the same thing as "Color Night Vision" from Lorex is essentially the starlight sensor, but they state minimum lux in their products and sensors.

The HypeIR is the long range infrared night vision.

Using the trademark hypeIR ..... Might also be a big problem (look it up its protected). But that will not bother Montavue since they like to make people think they make everything

Montavue is a world leader in the surveillance industry, whether it be for industrial, small business, or home applications, we got you covered. We invest heavily in our R&D to bring new products to the market that are cutting edge, but still competitively priced. You will notice the technology we put into every component. Our manufacturing process follows and exceeds industry standards, and quality is built into every component.

Montavue ...... World leader in surveillance

There is a big problem to that claim........ First don't believe everything you read. Second ...... There website and domain is new. And for a claimed high tech company ..... A rookie mistake the domain name has not had the order tag removed .

...... Needs to go on web designe page and edit home page and remove domain reg date tag ................ It show up in search engine

I have no problem with montavue and there in business but I do have a problem with sales crap and bad claims

World leader ..... Is never a good thing to say ........... Using trademark names like hypeir ( is a product not linked to CCTV)

Here are the last 5 numbers of dahua order 53948 I won't list the stock ........ But it's all standard. There are a few on the forum who buy direct ....... And when we ask dahua the question why is montavue getting new tech cams........ Well you can guess there reply hence order check..

Montavue ....... Are missing out on sales by not saying dahua products ....... He buys direct from dahua ........ Which means no china black market.

Starlight is new tech and people look for that ......... People have no clue of hypeir because it does not exist as a product name was created by Montavue to hide fact it's a starlight

Customers will by from Montavue set it up only to find the produced is dahua anyway........Montavue cloud setup takes you to dahua

Sales people are better off saying it. as it is ........adding crap only sounds alarm bells