Sign in to follow this  
tommyxv

Camera Upgrade Needed

Hi, its been awhile.

I have a pair of Trendnet 3MP TV-IP310PI cameras. They record to a Trendnet NVR that has a 4TB purple drive. One camera I keep in color mode 24-7 because my driveway is well lit. The problem is the video it records at night it choppy and people walking by are blurry. Daytime video is super clear and very good.

Here is a video of 3 people (suspected of breaking into cars) walking by twice (11:02 and 11:05) Can't really make them out. Any ideas how to get better video?

Edited by Guest

Not a pro, but I would guess your exposure is set too slow. That allows a good static night scene, but causes ghosting when there is movement.

Hopefully my buddy Tom will pipe in with advice.

Not a pro, but I would guess your exposure is set too slow. That allows a good static night scene, but causes ghosting when there is movement.

I have some setting on the camera that can be adjusted. Maybe an adjustment is needed. Look forward to getting more info on it.. Thanks!

I have some setting on the camera that can be adjusted. Maybe an adjustment is needed. Look forward to getting more info on it.. Thanks!

Hi 51cent has it right .... I would also say drop your Fps down as well.

But you may not find a in between setting for your view as technically your image is two views (dark top light bottom)

I would look at setting your camera back to auto and then use a sensor on your light and have that set for just your drive way and that will again turn your camera colour but also past your drive way it will be BW when drive way sensor is not activated

Hi 51cent has it right .... I would also say drop your Fps down as well.

But you may not find a in between setting for your view as technically your image is two views (dark top light bottom)

I would look at setting your camera back to auto and then use a sensor on your light and have that set for just your drive way and that will again turn your camera colour but also past your drive way it will be BW when drive way sensor is not activated

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the tips. I will try that also. Here are the settings for the camera right now. Change the FPS?

Thanks!

2017-07-12_18-58-27.thumb.png.797f80151f840f6a79d047276d842b9a.png