avraam

Axis Q6035-E in the carry on luggage?

I need to take an Axis Q6035-E overseas and I'm afraid to put it in the checked in baggage... it will disappear or be destroyed. Lufthansa said that I'll put it in there on my own risk. Does any of you have experience traveling with such big item? It will fit in the carry on, but I'm afraid that TSA is going to freak out when they see that in there... What do you guys think?

TIA

As long as you are willing to open it up and show the insides (they'll scan it tho, so they'll know nothing bad is inside), they should let you have it.

But it's electronics and they're touchy abou that sorta thigns nowadays.

I would check with your airline.

And if you do, make sure to have PLENTY of time to pass whatever security check they will add to allow you to carry it on board.

I'm talking at least two hours before you normally would have to check in.

I traveled a lot with CCTV equipment through Europe and there was just one check where there want to open me the bag. I think they just have a problem when it looks new, because of the customs and tax. I removed everything from the original package and just put the camera inside my luggage between my clothes. Maybe it was so easy because it was inside europe.