jordanthomson

How to upgrade Onvif ip camera

Hello,

For 5 weeks now i have had issues with my QVIS cctv system. Its too long to go into but my Onvif ip camera keeps changing its time stamp on its own.

Ive logged into my qvis system through the ip address and changed the time and it keeps reverting back to some weird time.

I also keep setting the motion detection areas and when i log back in it doesn't keep the areas i set, it changes them to something else.

I thought it may be the 3rd party surveillance app i use separate to my NVR so i have uninstalled it and changed the time so i will see if it changes again.

I have called QVIS multiple times to ask about firmware upgrades but no one will speak to me because I'm not a business account holder.....ANNOYING.

How do i upgrade the firmware on my Onvif cameras? and why does the motion areas keep changing.

Regards

Jordan

Hi. How are your cameras connected.... direct to nvr or switch or router first

Did you install or someone else

Hi tom,

Cameras are connected directly into the NVR. I am using the Viper NVR from Qvis and EYE-4MP-FW cameras.

Someone else installed, he's a fully qualified electrician although its evident he isn't best trained in the operation of the CCTV as I'm not getting much help from him.

Jordan

Hello

Just another update for anyone who can help.

Checked the cameras this morning and the time stamp has changed again after uninstalling the third party monitoring app on my phone.

Jordan

Hi 3rd party apps might not even have admin control..... why not use the viper app

You also need to disable time stamp on the cameras and only use nvr time stamp.

But to do that you will need to connect your camera direct to your router so you can have access to its menu..... you will need to get yourself a cheap Poe injector as your camera is powered by the nvr.

Injector allows you to power cam without nvr.

That's the problem with plug and play installers they don't take there time to do the settings needed to complete the install.

I would personally install a netgear Poe switch from pc world for £38 .... to run your cameras before they go to your nvr.

This then gives you full management control and allows you to update cameras firmware (you can't if direct to nvr)

Hi 3rd party apps might not even have admin control..... why not use the viper app

But to do that you will need to connect your camera direct to your router so you can have access to its menu..... you will need to get yourself a cheap Poe injector as your camera is powered by the nvr.

That's the problem with plug and play installers they don't take there time to do the settings needed to complete the install.

I would personally install a netgear Poe switch from pc world for £38 .... to run your cameras before they go to your nvr.

This then gives you full management control and allows you to update cameras firmware (you can't if direct to nvr)

Hi Tom

Thanks for replying. Ok, so, ill get one of these poE switches you were talking about, i couldn't find one in PC world for that price but will this one do the same job https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014XEPT72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_AK0AzbTX4D3S4

So when everything is connected to this switch (ethernet internet supply and the two cameras)

ill be able to get the direct IP address from my internet hub of the cameras to have full management control? am i correct?

Jordan

Hi Tom

Thanks for replying. Ok, so, ill get one of these poE switches you were talking about, i couldn't find one in PC world for that price but will this one do the same job https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014XEPT72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_AK0AzbTX4D3S4

So when everything is connected to this switch (ethernet internet supply and the two cameras)

ill be able to get the direct IP address from my internet hub of the cameras to have full management control? am i correct?

Jordan

Hi. Yes that is correct. Also gives you more options on recording with other software.

If you only have two cameras then this might do you.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/network-routers-and-switches/network-switches/tp-link-tl-poe200-2-port-ethernet-switch-10147755-pdt.html