doo600

Can anyone tell me what kind of Coax I have?

The cabling says

Honeywell 16 AWG 2/C (ETL)30358 Type CM-CL2 Sun Res. (ROHS) W/O#716815-E34426 RM# A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

My camera system needs to be redone and I need to know if I can go HD. I have 8 Speco Intensifier 2 cameras and a DVR. No idea if this is RG-6 or RG-59

I was looking for a nice Hikvision system to go into the home without rerunning all the cables since cable running in this house is a nightmare.

HD doesnt really have to do with the cables. If you want to continue to you current cables you can. you just have to get a AHD or TVI system. Your current cables will not support an IP system (uses cat5 cable).

HD doesnt really have to do with the cables. If you want to continue to you current cables you can. you just have to get a AHD or TVI system. Your current cables will not support an IP system (uses cat5 cable).

OK, I thought I read in order to have an HD analog system you need either RG-6 or RG-59 cabling

correct, which you must already have. You mentioned 16/2, that is the cable providing the power, and your RG6 or 59 provides the video. Often they are wrapped together making it look like one cable.

correct, which you must already have. You mentioned 16/2, that is the cable providing the power, and your RG6 or 59 provides the video. Often they are wrapped together making it look like one cable.

Thank you for your reply. I am looking at replacing my system because my current Speco DVR does not work with modern browsers and I just lost a camera. I was hoping with the cabling in place maybe I could research new cameras and a DVR and figure it out.

Wrong, there is a converter call EOC, ethernet over coax.

https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Bonded-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6200K02/dp/B013J7O3X0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=K32S2BCNHYQFF6110Y9T

Wrong, there is a converter call EOC, ethernet over coax.

https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Bonded-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6200K02/dp/B013J7O3X0/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=K32S2BCNHYQFF6110Y9T

For 10 cameras that would be expensive!