Sign in to follow this  
jordanthomson

POe switcher for time changing cameras

Hi everyone.

I have a VIPER Qvis system which use Qvis ONVIF cameras.

The time stamp on the cameras keep changing but because the cameras are powered by the NVR they don't plug into the router at home herefor I can't access their full menu to change parts of the camera and update firmware etc.

I was told to get myself a POe switch to allow myself to have control of the cameras as they won't be plugged directly into the NVR anymore.

So I've bought one, I'm a bit unsure to how it works. From what I understand... the internet feed to the NVR will be plugged into the UP link on the switch. My cameras will then be plugged into the POe switch and a final cable from the switch to the network Ethernet port on the NVR to supply internet. Am I correct?

PS, Qvis gave no support with the issue, been trying for 10 weeks and the installer was a plug and play kinda guy and didn't know the ins and outs of problem solving.

Thanks

J

Hello. I would check the CD that came with the system for the software that connects directly to the cameras to configure them. Most likely you need to adjust the time zone and maybe change the NTP server.

My cameras will then be plugged into the POe switch and a final cable from the switch to the network Ethernet port on the NVR to supply internet. Am I correct?

Hi. No. Poe switch to camera and network cable to router.... Leave NVR out till you have altered camera settings.

You would access your camera via PC browser using the IP address for the camera.

How did you first setup your viper unit ?

Did you setup NVR first and set all the time and date.

Or did you connect everything then setup time and date.

What are your settings on the time menu.

image.thumb.jpeg.350d50d905642537a4b94f6c71edfa86.jpeg

My cameras will then be plugged into the POe switch and a final cable from the switch to the network Ethernet port on the NVR to supply internet. Am I correct?

Hi. No. Poe switch to camera and network cable to router.... Leave NVR out till you have altered camera settings.

You would access your camera via PC browser using the IP address for the camera.

How did you first setup your viper unit ?

Did you setup NVR first and set all the time and date.

Or did you connect everything then setup time and date.

What are your settings on the time menu.

Hi tomcctv,

It was my electrician who set it up for me, him who has installed and walked away leaving me with these problems. He plugged everything in and then adjusted the time on the NVR.

Update for today, poe switch came and is setup. Im only reading your reply now and have already connected the NVR to the poe switch.

I was able now to see the IP address of the cameras ( i never could before because it was directly into the NVR), i did change the time via the ip address of the camera but it did change back to an odd time again. I chose to manually set the time and it still changed.

The NVR is connected while i was doing all this, should i unplug it from the switch and do it all again?