Sign in to follow this  
jdans

Simultaneous Remote View

Hi,

Can't seem to find this anywhere but was hoping someone would have an answer. I have a Defender currently setup at a small business. The use is basically for some night monitoring and also so someone at a desk needs to see if anybody is here at the front or back. I'm looking for a DVR that supports multiple simultaneous viewers at the same time. The defender I have apparently supports ten accounts, but maxes out a three viewers per camera stream. Anyone know of a dvr that supports more?

Hello. That probably has more to do with internet bandwidth than with the DVR itself. Each connection probably eats up about 5mbps of the upload speed. Most internet service providers will cap off your upload speed at about 10-15mbps, regardless of the download speed. I am assuming that you might have an HD DVR and basic business internet account.

Oh sorry, I wasn't too clear. It may very well be a bandwith issue, but it would be on the side of the DVR. Their remote view software, Netviewer 2.0 will only let me have three computers on one camera stream at the same time. So if I have eight camera streams and 4 people want to view stream one, it will only let 3 of those people view it.