Sign in to follow this  
adam2017

My cameras are only producing a black and white image

My system: http://www.svat.com/productDisplay.php?id=296&categoryNumber=0&tabID=1

I have hooked up one camera to my DVR to check everything is hunky dory, but its not, the image on my tv is only in black and white.

The system is hardwired, ie. no wifi/internet setup. I am using composite cables (red, white, yellow) and the tv is a toshiba 32c120u

i have tried adjusting the tv, i have made sure their is enough ambient light, and i have tried adjusting the settings on the dvr itself.

I have also tried using a different camera (i do have 16) with a different power adapter and a different cord (it has a yellow connector for video that goes to the DVR box and a red that connects to the power supply), but still nothing.

Help?

Edit: Thank you for allowing me to join your forum and a hello to my fellow members

You need to shade the camera while powering it off and then back on. This will reset the IR cut sensor and it will go back to color. Since you are talking about VCA plugs I’m assuming this isn’t a very pricey system and likely doesn’t have an OSD function. I would invest in a new system, I doubt those cameras are capable of seeing anything even remotely approaching forensic image quality.