Sign in to follow this  
Badzilla

Inexpensive system with microphones

Need 2+ cameras with high-quality sound not connected to my home Internet for less than $300. Preferably built-in microphones, but I guess add-on is okay (never done this before). It can be wired, but wireless would be nice. My problem with battery-powered is that I would like to always hear sound from at least one of the cameras.

I am not planning on recognizing faces or reading license plates. It is mainly for listening and watching in real time.

Would like decent motion detection too. I guess that means a separate motion detector? Is frame by frame motion detection worth anything?

I have a spare router not connected to the Internet. Can a router be used for broadcasting Wi-Fi even though not connected to the Internet? The "Wi-Fi IP" cameras necessarily require an Internet connection? Trying to get some clues.

So far, this cheap system seems adequate...

Reolink RLK4-210WB2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6LCDQO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15NUCR7ITLOD6&psc=1

But I prefer higher quality video and good quality sound. Seems some manufacturers do not really know whether their units include microphones.

Thanks.