Sign in to follow this  
Sentience Security S

Using Stationary Cameras to relay auto tracking PTZ (LTS)

I have a 2.1MP IP PTZ camera I just installed for a high end client in New York. Everything is going fairly smoothly but I've ran into a few issues that I didn't know the solution to off hand.

1. At night the IR is washing out plates. I have logged into the PTZ interface and decreased the IR emitter output on the camera and this has corrected the problem to an extent, I also enabled WDR and HLC which helped a bit too. All in all we are able to catch plates at night now 99.9% of the time, but I can't help but feel like there may be a better way to accomplish this in the future.

2. The PTZ is set to preset 1 on the entrance to the driveway, this is it's initial position but due to it's placement it is missing a large amount of the right front of the yard. We have a 4.1MP IP turret dome with a 2.8mm lens installed on the right corner of the home facing left which covers everything the PTZ is missing. The idea was to use the stationary camera to relay positioning information to the PTZ in the form of presets, and then for the PTZ to auto track from the new position. I have gotten this to work fairly well, but i'm not 100% how. After screwing around with setting for 2 hours it started working. Not sure if it was ROI settings, setting motion detection enabled on the NVR for the entire camera frame, or what exactly did the trick. But camera 2 will now detect motion within an intrusion detection box, relay to PTZ 1 to turn to preset 2, and then after about 2 seconds the PTZ will track the motion within the box. Whats the correct steps to make this happen in the future? I've looked everywhere and there is next to no info on how to accomplish this with Hik/LTS hardware.

3. Dual VCA doesn't seem to be working at all, I cannot get the cameras to relay their own information to the NVR for smart/basic or VCA events. Is VCA on the UI just for analog cameras? Is this due to not having an SD card installed?

4. I'm only finding 1 intrusion detection zone for the stationary cameras. I remember in the past them having 4. Has a firmware update changed this?

I know this is a relatively complicated series of questions for a first post, but I've been doing this for 12 years and I still don't know everything.

Thanks in advance.

elvina.thumb.JPG.8b9f495c35069860a187e18ea99dea25.JPG

1040019368_elvina2.thumb.JPG.e4e59a2c26473a4c7bea6e2921e5a856.JPG