Sign in to follow this  
Anthonyg

Suitable CCTV Unit For Stables With No Mains Power

Hi All dont know if this type of unit is actually available or if it is affordable ?.

I have a Stables Yard in a remote area that has no mains power, my internal lighting is by means of several LED 12v 12 amp light units connected to a Leisure battery that is charged by a solar panel and work really well, external is via solar powered LEd floodlights that also work well, my question is I would like to install some kind of CCTV recording unit preferably with a pir motion sensor to activate that could possibly also be powered via a 12v battery. is there such a unit commercially available or something that could be put together ?.

You can install a Hikvision, Dahua system...this systems also have the possibility to add a pir motion sensor.This are the type of systems I work with but i dont know what country you live in ,and what types of systems you have there,so basically you just need a system powered at 12 v

You would probably be best off with stand alone cameras which each record to their own flash card.

Most DVRs will run off 12V but the power draw may well be too much to run all year round.