Sign in to follow this  
neelpsu

System Recommendation

Hello all, look for advice and information on what route I should take on a camera system install. We've already had two packages stolen which was caught by the Ring doorbell. However, it's time to upgrade.

Want:

- NVR System

- about 6-8 camera setup (I want to have one or two 4K cameras)

- good night vision

- remote viewing

- continuous recording

- do not want anything subscription based so no Arlo, etc.

- I do not really have a budget in mind. I am willing to spend if the product is right.

Questions:

- What systems should I be looking at? Hikvision? Ubiquiti (seems a bit overpriced but I have Ubiquiti products powering my network throughout the house)? Lorex?

- Is there a major difference or preference between dome and bullet cameras?

- What other questions should I be asking myself and what else should I be considering?

Any other information or guidance in the right directions would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there,

- What systems should I be looking at? Hikvision? Ubiquiti (seems a bit overpriced but I have Ubiquiti products powering my network throughout the house)? Lorex?

Hikvision is a good choice.

Since you want to use Network CCTV, try to find Hikvision NVR that has PoE feature for camera.

You won't be needing any additional device if each of CCTV Cables is below 100 meters.

Network Camera -------------------------------------------- NVR (PoE)

(Network Cables)

- Is there a major difference or preference between dome and bullet cameras?

Difference will be on Casing and Weatherproof features (IP66/IP67)

Dome camera usually not suitable to be placed on the outdoor.

Dome camera is installed by "hang" it on the ceiling, so make sure you have ceiling if you want to use this type.

Bullet camera has bracket that make it more "flexible" during installation.

- What other questions should I be asking myself and what else should I be considering?

- All CCTV products should have at least 1 year warranty.

- Your CCTV products should have a service center.

- Find an experience CCTV guy.

- If you change your CCTV default password, make sure that you remember it.

Thanks

Have to disagree about dome cameras not being suitable for outside. IP66 rating is intrusion of water from heavy seas and 67 rated for immersion according to conditions. There are plenty of dome cameras with IP66 rating. They don’t have to be mounted from a ceiling since the camera is adjustable. You’ll have less problems with spiders and other bugs setting up camp than with the bullet type. Just my 2 cents