Sign in to follow this  
damien3320

Which software for Dahua, VDtech, Vantech and Hikvision

Hello everyone,

My company has a few Vantech VP3601, Dahua HCVR4116HS-S2, and some old VDtech that i can not read the label anymore as they are faded away.

As for DVR : 1 Vantech, 1 Dahua, 1 VDtech.

It's a mess, i know.

Now my company wants to install more cameras, and Hikvision is preferably going to be a candidate because of recent ratings.

Changing DVRs is not an option because they are still functional.

My question is, is there a software for PC, Android, IOS for those 4 brands all in one as viewing on separately software is nuisance and time consuming.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

P/s : About Dahua, i heard that series manufactured after 2016 have high faulty rates, can anyone confirm on this info ?

Hi. We need more info.

How many cameras and which formats..... you have analog cams listed but using a hybrid recorder.

Nothing wrong with dahua .... and as far as going hikvision you have nothing that supports tvi

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the reply

We have a total of 48 cameras and will have 32 to 52 new ones.

How many cameras and which formats..... you have analog cams listed but using a hybrid recorder

hybrid recorder is the one that supports analog and digital at the same time right ?

Nothing wrong with dahua .... and as far as going hikvision you have nothing that supports tvi

May i ask what is tvi ? is it important ?

Hi Tomcctv,

OK, after a bit of research, turns out TVI is a very nice feature to have.

But as far as i can see DVR from Hikvision for example DS-7116HQHI-K1 does have TVI support. So i don't know why you said otherwise ?

Hi Tomcctv,

But as far as i can see DVR from Hikvision for example DS-7116HQHI-K1 does have TVI support. So i don't know why you said otherwise ?

Hi in your first post .... changing recorders is not an option you said.

I read it as getting more hikvision cameras .... which would be tvi since hik dropped analog ..... and your existing dvr will not run tvi

Changing DVRs is the only viable option that you have, tbh. And would be much cheaper than any 3rd party solution.

Hi Tomcctv,

Hi in your first post .... changing recorders is not an option you said.

I read it as getting more hikvision cameras .... which would be tvi since hik dropped analog ..... and your existing dvr will not run tvi

Hi tomcctv,

Really ? Hikvision's not going to produce analog cams anymore ? This is quite shocking because in my area cctv companies still sell those. Is it possible that you confused between TVI and CVI ? Because based on my understanding CVI and TVI are both analog, dropping analog would means both are not available anymore.

Changing DVRs is the only viable option that you have, tbh. And would be much cheaper than any 3rd party solution.

Thank you AntonK, i was afraid someone might said that

Oh and guys, do you think 2mp is better than 1mp in terms of quality ? I'm considering because a full 32 cams 2mp would gobble up a 6TB hdd in 5 days, while i need them to store images in 30 days at least and my budget is not very much so you know

Love you hear more from you all, thank you very much.

Really ? Hikvision's not going to produce analog cams anymore ? This is quite shocking because in my area cctv companies still sell those. Is it possible that you confused between TVI and CVI ? Because based on my understanding CVI and TVI are both analog, dropping analog would means both are not available anymore.

Old analog is not used anymore and 100% old analog is not sold by hikvision.

Tvi and cvi is HD analog and needs cvi or tvi recorder to be able to work

I don't know much about CCTV but I have looked at the spec of your Dahua HCVR4116HS-S2 recorder and to me it looks like it looks like it will record at 720p but no higher. 720p is around 1 megapixel so having buying a camera with 2mp is not necessarily going to help when you want to view the recorded footage at a later date as it will only be recorded at 720p quality.

So it looks to me like your equipment will record in HD but at the lowest quality HD around today.

I read the spec on one site and it says the recorder supports HD TVI but I'd look into this before buying any cameras to make sure the cameras will be supported.

From what I can gather a 2mp system is probably what you should be aiming for as a minimum standard nowadays if you want to have any video that is going to be usable for recognition purposes.

I have a mix of 3megapixel and 2megapixel cameras at the moment and one of my 2 megapixel cameras nocks the spots off the three megapixel cameras. Even though the pixel count is higher on the 3megapixel cameras, the 2megapixel camera performs much better. The 2megapixel camera seems to have a much better lens and sensor installed which helps with the output quality.

From what I understand old standard definition Analogue cameras use coax cable to transmit the video signal to the recorder and AHD, TVI etc HD cameras can also use coax cable to transmit their signal to a recorder. So if your cable is ok and you want to keep some of your existing cameras why not upgrade the recorders so that they are both backward (Analogue capable) and forward (HD AHD TVI etc) capable? That way you could use your old cameras plus add new HD cameras, use your existing cabling and view all the footage on one platform including phones etc.

I'd upgrade my recorders first with maybe a few quality HD cameras and replace the old Analogue cameras as the budget allows.

Just a thought