Arayt

Recommendations Please

Been reading for a few weeks and my eyes are bleeding. Would appreciate advice on a CCTV system. I would like to stay under $1500. Want quality equipment and service after the sale. From reading, the following is what I've narrowed it down to. Would appreciate any advise! Don't have a problem buying separate pieces but need advise to make sure they are compatible.

1. IP system poe 4 cameras outdoors and 1 indoors

2. 8 input NVR for future expansion 2tb memory

3. Dome cameras (spiders) WDR veri-focal, night vision 80lf min. Dahua or Hikvision preference, h.265 format, ip66 or ip67 enclosure, 3mp or better. Need remote access via iPhone or computer with ability to notify via activity. Would like to be able to block-out recording area. I've looked at several store box brands but I'm afraid of quality and service.

I will be installing this myself. Electrician by trade. It will be used to monitor a home. I'm open to any suggestions and really appreciate input.

Thanks, ArayT

Turret or eyeball cameras are a better choice because of possible ir reflection, in my opinion. A clear plastic dome exposed to sunlight can cloud up over time.

For better night vision, look at Dahua Starlight cameras, or Hikvision ultra lowlight cameras.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are issues w/ spiders on these types of cameras? A couple of them will be mounted at 2nd story level and I live where spiders are plentiful. What about a recorder got any recommendations?. I've read where Dahua is highly recommended, do you have a good model number and preference on where to purchase the equipment?

Thanks Again!

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are issues w/ spiders on these types of cameras? A couple of them will be mounted at 2nd story level and I live where spiders are plentiful. What about a recorder got any recommendations?. I've read where Dahua is highly recommended, do you have a good model number and preference on where to purchase the equipment?

Thanks Again!

Bullet cameras are the worst for spiders.

I mix and match cameras so I use Blue Iris for recording/management.

I purshase from Ali-express/China but you may have warranty problems if something goes wrong, or it costs a ton of money to send it back. I believe B&H photo is an authorized dealer.

Thanks 51cent. I've heard about Ali Express from reading. I've looked at their site, its massive. Do you recommend a particular store to purchase from, I'm a little scared about purchasing from out of country. Do you know anything about the Lorex system I referenced?

Thanks!!

Hi. The lorex link you posted is a very good system.

It is Infact a dahua 4K colour day and night system.

Only problem with aliexpress and the likes is the warranty and future updates.

Hikvision or dahua will not support products bought on aliexpress or Amazon......... The warranty is only with the person who sold it.

And then you could have problems with gray market.

Thanks tomcctv. Yes that's a major concern I have with doing business with the likes. You can always sell for less if your not required to stand behind it. Do you know if the Lorex NVR NR9082 will work with other brand cameras?

Thanks Again!