Sign in to follow this  
mcbink

PTZ Camera is constantly displaying numbers: 001 2400

Hi all just purchase a PTZ it says it's a sony 9600.

I have the camera set to Pelco-D and can access the menu but can't see how to navigate to remove the numbers being displayed: 001 2400.

I have an instruction manual that is a bit vague and it does say in the book that under "DISPLAY" you should be able to turn off the dome ID (I am assuming the above numbers are the dome ID. But I can't find how to turn them off. I am very new to this so would appreciate any help.

Many thank's.

Is this an analog or IP camera?

The numbers you list are typical numbers for Pelco-D adress and baudrate, which makes me think it might be analogue.

Are you able to move the camera? (By joystick/keyboard or PC software?)

If analog, and using jooystick/keyboard, you should be able to type 95 call on your keyboard to enter OSD manu of the camera. Use the joystick to navigate the menus and probably under display option or something similar you'll fbe able to turn information on/off.

If IP, you should be able to use netbrowser to navigate to display options there.

Is this an analog or IP camera?

The numbers you list are typical numbers for Pelco-D adress and baudrate, which makes me think it might be analogue.

Are you able to move the camera? (By joystick/keyboard or PC software?)

If analog, and using jooystick/keyboard, you should be able to type 95 call on your keyboard to enter OSD manu of the camera. Use the joystick to navigate the menus and probably under display option or something similar you'll fbe able to turn information on/off.

If IP, you should be able to use netbrowser to navigate to display options there.

Not an IP camera. HD Coax

1. I can move the camera using a mouse and osd that came with the DVR (Swann 4750 DVR).

2. The camera is a AHD camera which is switchable to TVI etc.

The manual says that I can switch signal if I CALL Twice Preset 102.

I have tried this and it does take me to a sub menu but I can not find the sub menu headed "DISPLAY". In the sub menu "DISPLAY" is DOME ID........ON...........OFF.

It seems that some of the sub menus use obscure words for meaning and I think it's this that has so far baffled me.

Any further help wold be appreciated.

I'll try the number 95.

Just an update:

I tried the number 95 and this brought me to the Main Menu from the Main Menu I was able to access the DISPLAY menu and in the Display menu I turned off the numbers.

It's a bit fiddly navigating the menus but with the help I received on here I managed it.

Thank you very much