View unanswered posts | View active topics


Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
  
 Post subject: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 am 
Registered User

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 46

Offline
Hi all I recently purchased a PTZ camera from an online retailer, cost just a little over £150 so not expensive at all. It's 1080p AHD/TVI switchable with PTZ and 10x zoom, with not a bad picture. The camera is ok most of the time but it's problem is that it can and does go out of focus at night if a cars headlights lights pass in the vicinity it is focussed in, and the camera may stay unfocussed for hours or it might only be for minutes but it's a lot longer that I would expect. The same focusing problem can occur in daylight if a car passes in the line of the camera (no headlights in daytime though), it can throw the camera out of focus and the complete picture becomes a blur, this can last for a few moments, a few minutes or it can stay unfocussed until another car passes and re sets the focus. I have switched the camera to manual focus so it does not keep altering focus but it automatically switches to autofocus as soon as I try to adjust the focus manually. Even though in the menu is says manual focus it just stays on autofocus. Unfortunately I'm having to return the camera because of the focus issues but would still like to have a PTZ with around a 10x zoom.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a 1080p-3megapixel PTZ with 10 optical zoom that works on a AHD or TVI DVR? My system has PELCO-D PELCO-C and PELCO-P. I'm probably going to upgrade my complete system on a few months so don't want to pay a fortune but would like a camera that works. Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:15 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 46

Offline
What no suggestions? None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm 
User avatar
Integrator

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8753

Offline
Hi. Can you link to ptz your bought

Also are you using coax or data cable for ptz control

Will your Swann run 3mp


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:03 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 46

Offline
tomcctv wrote:
Hi. Can you link to ptz your bought

Also are you using coax or data cable for ptz control

Will your Swann run 3mp


1.: https://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/bullet-2mp ... -3544.html

2. DVR Has PELCO-D to control PTZ. I rin video via RG59 coax with BNC connector and PTZ through CAT5e solid copper UTP cable. Power is via a 3amp PSU.

3. The SWANN DVR was sold with 6x 3 megapixel cameras that can run via it so, yes it can run 3 megapixel camera.

The PTZ Camera is ok apart from it can at times be distracted by light or moving objects and go out of focus and not return for minutes or even hours. Most of the time it's ok but it drifted out of focus about 6 times in 24 hours and for prolonged periods so not really doing it's job if it's cant stay in focus. :(

Any suggestions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:10 pm 
User avatar
Integrator

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8753

Offline
Hi. Have you tried to disconnect rs485 and then set the protocol to hikvision then control the ptz ..... you don’t need rs485 for AHD or TVI


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:24 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 46

Offline
tomcctv wrote:
Hi. Have you tried to disconnect rs485 and then set the protocol to hikvision then control the ptz ..... you don’t need rs485 for AHD or TVI


Hi Tom, I did try what you just mentioned and it does not work with this camera. I have another 2.8-12mm variofocal camera that is rated to be used on PELCO-D with rs485 and that one will work on just the coax if I change to PELCO-C.

I just noticed that the PTZ camera went out of focus again tonight (Camera was in IR Mode) when a car passed with it;s headlights on, it took 25 minutes to return back to focus, that's too long.

I think it's just an issue with the camera sensor or electronics and may need a part replacing. It's odd how it won't go into manual focus but I think there may be a switch that needs altering inside the camera. Not going there myself, I think this one need to be returned. Shame because apart from the focus issue it's a very good camera for my current needs.

Cheers for the reply Tom, much appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 pm 
Registered User

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1

Offline
Have you tried adjusting the back focus? Most cameras today come setup but if something has happened it could have knocked it out of whack.



mcbink wrote:
Hi all I recently purchased a PTZ camera from an online retailer, cost just a little over £150 so not expensive at all. It's 1080p AHD/TVI switchable with PTZ and 10x zoom, with not a bad picture. The camera is ok most of the time but it's problem is that it can and does go out of focus at night if a cars headlights lights pass in the vicinity it is focussed in, and the camera may stay unfocussed for hours or it might only be for minutes but it's a lot longer that I would expect. The same focusing problem can occur in daylight if a car passes in the line of the camera (no headlights in daytime though), it can throw the camera out of focus and the complete picture becomes a blur, this can last for a few moments, a few minutes or it can stay unfocussed until another car passes and re sets the focus. I have switched the camera to manual focus so it does not keep altering focus but it automatically switches to autofocus as soon as I try to adjust the focus manually. Even though in the menu is says manual focus it just stays on autofocus. Unfortunately I'm having to return the camera because of the focus issues but would still like to have a PTZ with around a 10x zoom.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a 1080p-3megapixel PTZ with 10 optical zoom that works on a AHD or TVI DVR? My system has PELCO-D PELCO-C and PELCO-P. I'm probably going to upgrade my complete system on a few months so don't want to pay a fortune but would like a camera that works. Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:52 pm

The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2003-2016 CCTVForum.com. All Rights Reserved.