Sign in to follow this  
mcbink

PTZ Camera any suggestions? Analogue HD

Hi all I recently purchased a PTZ camera from an online retailer, cost just a little over £150 so not expensive at all. It's 1080p AHD/TVI switchable with PTZ and 10x zoom, with not a bad picture. The camera is ok most of the time but it's problem is that it can and does go out of focus at night if a cars headlights lights pass in the vicinity it is focussed in, and the camera may stay unfocussed for hours or it might only be for minutes but it's a lot longer that I would expect. The same focusing problem can occur in daylight if a car passes in the line of the camera (no headlights in daytime though), it can throw the camera out of focus and the complete picture becomes a blur, this can last for a few moments, a few minutes or it can stay unfocussed until another car passes and re sets the focus. I have switched the camera to manual focus so it does not keep altering focus but it automatically switches to autofocus as soon as I try to adjust the focus manually. Even though in the menu is says manual focus it just stays on autofocus. Unfortunately I'm having to return the camera because of the focus issues but would still like to have a PTZ with around a 10x zoom.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a 1080p-3megapixel PTZ with 10 optical zoom that works on a AHD or TVI DVR? My system has PELCO-D PELCO-C and PELCO-P. I'm probably going to upgrade my complete system on a few months so don't want to pay a fortune but would like a camera that works. Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

Hi. Can you link to ptz your bought

Also are you using coax or data cable for ptz control

Will your Swann run 3mp

1.: https://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/bullet-2mp-10x-pan-zoom-outdoor-1080p-hd-tvi-ahd-analog-3544.html

2. DVR Has PELCO-D to control PTZ. I rin video via RG59 coax with BNC connector and PTZ through CAT5e solid copper UTP cable. Power is via a 3amp PSU.

3. The SWANN DVR was sold with 6x 3 megapixel cameras that can run via it so, yes it can run 3 megapixel camera.

The PTZ Camera is ok apart from it can at times be distracted by light or moving objects and go out of focus and not return for minutes or even hours. Most of the time it's ok but it drifted out of focus about 6 times in 24 hours and for prolonged periods so not really doing it's job if it's cant stay in focus.

Any suggestions?

Hi. Have you tried to disconnect rs485 and then set the protocol to hikvision then control the ptz ..... you don’t need rs485 for AHD or TVI

Hi. Have you tried to disconnect rs485 and then set the protocol to hikvision then control the ptz ..... you don’t need rs485 for AHD or TVI

Hi Tom, I did try what you just mentioned and it does not work with this camera. I have another 2.8-12mm variofocal camera that is rated to be used on PELCO-D with rs485 and that one will work on just the coax if I change to PELCO-C.

I just noticed that the PTZ camera went out of focus again tonight (Camera was in IR Mode) when a car passed with it;s headlights on, it took 25 minutes to return back to focus, that's too long.

I think it's just an issue with the camera sensor or electronics and may need a part replacing. It's odd how it won't go into manual focus but I think there may be a switch that needs altering inside the camera. Not going there myself, I think this one need to be returned. Shame because apart from the focus issue it's a very good camera for my current needs.

Cheers for the reply Tom, much appreciated.

Have you tried adjusting the back focus? Most cameras today come setup but if something has happened it could have knocked it out of whack.

Hi all I recently purchased a PTZ camera from an online retailer, cost just a little over £150 so not expensive at all. It's 1080p AHD/TVI switchable with PTZ and 10x zoom, with not a bad picture. The camera is ok most of the time but it's problem is that it can and does go out of focus at night if a cars headlights lights pass in the vicinity it is focussed in, and the camera may stay unfocussed for hours or it might only be for minutes but it's a lot longer that I would expect. The same focusing problem can occur in daylight if a car passes in the line of the camera (no headlights in daytime though), it can throw the camera out of focus and the complete picture becomes a blur, this can last for a few moments, a few minutes or it can stay unfocussed until another car passes and re sets the focus. I have switched the camera to manual focus so it does not keep altering focus but it automatically switches to autofocus as soon as I try to adjust the focus manually. Even though in the menu is says manual focus it just stays on autofocus. Unfortunately I'm having to return the camera because of the focus issues but would still like to have a PTZ with around a 10x zoom.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a 1080p-3megapixel PTZ with 10 optical zoom that works on a AHD or TVI DVR? My system has PELCO-D PELCO-C and PELCO-P. I'm probably going to upgrade my complete system on a few months so don't want to pay a fortune but would like a camera that works. Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance.