Sign in to follow this  
senna

Zmodo system-Need to upgrade cameras-need suggestions please

Hey guys,

I currently have a Zmodo analog system. Model number ZMD-DX-SIN8. It is an 8 channel DVR recorder.

I currently have 6 cameras hooked up around the outside of my house. The cameras that are hooked up are

1/4 " Color CMOS Bullet Camera Model ZMD-CBH-BUS23NM. These are the cameras that came with the system. Daytime they are pretty decent but night time they aren't that great. I was looking to upgrade them but wasn't sure what would be a good analog camera with good IR night vision.

I know upgrading to Digital would be best but at this is my current setup.

we have had a few mishaps in our neighborhood so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hey guys,

I currently have a Zmodo analog system. Model number ZMD-DX-SIN8. It is an 8 channel DVR recorder.

I currently have 6 cameras hooked up around the outside of my house. The cameras that are hooked up are

1/4 " Color CMOS Bullet Camera Model ZMD-CBH-BUS23NM. These are the cameras that came with the system. Daytime they are pretty decent but night time they aren't that great. I was looking to upgrade them but wasn't sure what would be a good analog camera with good IR night vision.

Thank you

Hi,

If you have night vision problem than use HIKVISION bullet camera DS-2CE16COT-IRPF. It's support to your existing DVR system.

Support Team

Vision Master

www.visionmaster.in

+91-9099852079

Hey guys,

Thank you

Hi,

If you have night vision problem than use HIKVISION bullet camera DS-2CE16COT-IRPF. It's support to your existing DVR system.

Support Team

Vision Master

www.visionmaster.in

+91-9099852079

Don’t listen to salesmen from visonmaster. .... look for turret cameras

Hi I am pretty new to CCTV so like you tens to look for advice on what to buy.

I have a Swann kit which has 3megapixel bullet cameras, the DVR can record Analogue HD up to 3 megapixel ( so has a higher resolution than your system).

Regarding the cameras: Most people, in the know, would say the cameras are not actually produced by Swann but are made by Hikevision and sold under the Swann name. You can buy cameras in bulk from China and have any name you want printed in them so it's just common practice for companies to use other manufacturers cameras with their own name printed on them.

My cameras are 3megapixel with IR for night vision and have 3.5mm lenses. Like your cameras they are fine during the day but at night they show weaknesses. The problem with the entry level cheaper cameras is the lens. Quite often the entry level cameras don't have a large enough lens aperture to allow sufficient light in at night time for good night vision even with IR lighting so the manufacturers allow the shutter speed to slow down during night vision to allow longer exposure times for light to get into the lens and allow the camera to produce a picture. Basically if the shutter speed is to slow your pictures will blur when an object moves.

You might slightly improve the problem you are having by buying Hickvision low budget bullet or turret cameras but I think you will probably still experience difficulty at night with moving objects with cameras from the budget end of the market no matter who makes them.

IR light is what night vision cameras use to help them see at night. Putting an IR lamp in the area mots affected might help the cameras to see better at night, you could link it to a photocell so it switches on when the light drops at night. I think capturing decent night time video is a bit difficult to solve if you use budget equipment. The claims for budget equipment seem to be way over exaggerated.

Cameras with a Sony Starvis sensor might help. The Sony Starvis sensor is supposed to help with night vision problems so might be worth investigating.