Sign in to follow this  
NoobCamera

Noob questions - Please assist me

Hello Forum,

I found this forum and it's clearly way more advanced than I am regarding tech and cameras. I wanted to simply explain my current setup and then see if anyone can offer some advice. I'm currently using Indoor Nest Cam's because of their 30day CVR plan which uploads the footage automatically online and then I have someone in another country view my cameras for business remotely to give me reports. I have avoided much stronger cameras than Nest because the uploading of the data and then streaming for that person would be very costly due to internet. So my questions:

1) Is there an IP camera that can better serve this purpose than the Nest, which doesn't have very high bandwidth requirements?

2) I was thinking to just buy a higher powered local CCTV setup which I review in more detail but wasn't sure if the optimal zoom in's that I've seen on youtube for certain models can be zoomed during playback or if that's only for live shots. For example, if I simply record from afar and then during playback want to zoom in and read details for something more clearly, is this doable? If so, any recommendations for a camera system?

Hi. Watch nest change in next few months ...... Now in the hands of Google as of last week.

For what you are looking for a NVR and IP cameras will do the same and you won't have the stupid monthly charges

WHY do people think it's good to rent storage space for CCTV

And let strangers see and hear you

Look for a high MP camera 5 or 8mp if you want to zoom in later.