1bit

Help with annoying pests

Hi

I live in a rough area, I have had my window put out and threats to kill at my door, this 18 year old lad responsible for the afore mentioned issue is a well known w####r & trouble maker in the village and not one person has said anything good about him, he does this as he has family that back him up if he's attacked or threatened, he had disappeared for about 3 months (probably back away to his mothers to see out his 6 month suspended sentence for stabbing someone - so that now he can come and start trouble knowing he has to go to court & might get off, rather than direct to jail) - then I seen him a few nights back and now I'am getting someone knocking on my door almost every night between 2-5am and can knock as many as 3 times a night (just like last night) - then today someone turned my gas off outside at 4pm.

I cant afford a full CCTV outfit, so was wondering if there is any sort of HD camera (with night vision) I can hide behind the blinds of the front room window inside the house (in a manner it cant be seen outright), that powers from a 240v socket and records to USB/SDcard/HDD to playback on PC - is there such a camera?

Im just looking for a really cheap solution to try and capture this idiot for evidence - I have very little money so it needs to be cheap as possible

any ideas or help would be great

thanks

Hi. You will have to tell us your budget ..

With saying 240v are you in the UK.

If so. Bad footage can not help you .... It needs to be clear and adle to identify. So on a budget don't waste buying crap.

Along with your footage I would also have audio

budget I dunno cos I dunno how much these things are? I wouldnt like to pay more than £60 for the type of setup i talk about (if one exists), the front room window is 3ft left to the door and this cam just needs to be able to get a half decent view through glass window, not so bothered about audio, it just so i can approach the person with evidence.

I installed a CCTV at my last place when i was with my ex.. cost £200 for a 4 cam setup...was poor analogue SD quality but good enough (up in the soffits) to identify people (face) at a range of 12-15ft away, this one im hoping to get will just be 4ft away from whoever is knocking on my door and turning my gas off - so will be close so a 720p cam I can constantly record to on a HDD or USB (I have a 64GB stick & a spare 500GB SATA HDD (mobile size) and 16GB SDcard) - record onto something that will allow at least 24 hours - obviously night vision

does such a camera exist?

thanks

He has put your windows in

He has stabbed someone

And you want to only show him your footage ?

How much did it cost you to replace the window last time

£60 -$70 is not much of a budget

Cameras behind glass. Never works ... Image will be useless

This is ideal for you but £20 over your budget. ..... But at least you will not be wasting the little budget you do have.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/ring-video-doorbell-satin-nickel-10145936-pdt.html

1bit. Rather than a cam why not some LIGHT. I have a 100W LED up my drive that is attached to a motion sensor. The lamp on Amazon was $40 and the sensor was $17. The trick with this sensor is that it flashes twice - then the third time it comes on for whatever period you set. The brand is Defiant, also from Amazon. 100 watts of led make for some big flashing. Mine is set where the person/vehicle must enter first - they are backlit about to enter more light when they are about 150' closer.

Jim