Sign in to follow this  
curioustoknow

CCTV camera questions

I have about 4-6 cctv cameras connected to a DVR, having some issues:

- 2 indoor dome cameras are showing black/white> no color. not sure if its from camera itself or something else

-1 outdoor bullet camera show video loss. not sure how to check the cables

everything is wired from outdoor to dvr. is there a power that connect all these cameras placed somewhere or just the coax will push power? if so maybe i need to check attic and see if thats where power is located.

any advice much appreciated

thank you

Hi. Your two indoor dome cameras might just have a light problem.

Get a tourch and shine it into your cameras and see if it goes colour.

Your power supply problem ...... If your system is a year or so old then yes you will have a power supply somewhere you will need to find it

I found the power supply unit that has all 8 cameras connected using the coax.

for the indoor dome cameras, if I unplug the coax and plug it back, the color show for 1 second then turn black/white. is that camera problem?

the camera that is not working and showing video loss, have to trace its wires and see why no signal.

for the indoor dome cameras, if I unplug the coax and plug it back, the color show for 1 second then turn black/white. is that camera problem?

As tom posted, shine a light at the cameras, they may sense it is too dark where you have placed them, so they are switching to night vision (black and white).

As tom posted, shine a light at the cameras, they may sense it is too dark where you have placed them, so they are switching to night vision (black and white).

I tried that and it still show black and white, the area is very bright, the weird thing is that when I unplug the black/red power cables from the transformer and plug back in, it show color for 1 sec and then back to B/W