effelle

[newbe] An help to create my first dvr system

Hi there!

After a long time messing around with a simple system based on ZoneMinder under Ubuntu, I would like to set up a standalone NVR system, 4 or 8 channel. ZM is a good, free piece of software but I'm starting to miss some advance function like de-warping.

For now I have 3 IP cameras from 3 different vendors, all are ONVIF profile S 2.x, 1 is a fisheye 960P, the others 2 are 720P.

Cheap equipment, I know, but since I need to monitor small areas (my house) I would like to start with my cameras for now: I don't need face nor plate recognition then I don't need higher resolution.

The most complicated part is (as always) I would like to limit my budget for the NVR as much as possible, preferably under the 100 dollars mark.

I found many NVR well below this price, but no one with panorama de-warping.

PC software is not an option for me, since the best solutions are expansive and works just on Windows.

Is there someone who is willing to help me in this fundamental process?

Thanks,

Federico

Hi. Below $100 .... Don't need face detection ....... For your home

All opposite of what people want in a home security system.

Seeing faces is a must ....

De- warping ... You are best with the company that made the camera. Each camera makers software for de-warp is different

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Hi. Below $100 .... Don't need face detection ....... For your home

All opposite of what people want in a home security system.

Seeing faces is a must ....

I disagree. A 720P camera monitoring a front door for me is more than enough, and 3 years with ZoneMinder confirm that.

My scenario:

Cam1: front door, watching children's play area.

Cam2: backdoor, monitoring my wind turbine.

Cam3: panoramic camera just FOR FUN (using android app for ePTZ)

As you can see, I'm not needing face detection and trust me, my burglar alarm system works well even without cameras integration.

De- warping ... You are best with the company that made the camera. Each camera makers software for de-warp is different

Fact is, there are many software with de-warping option working just fine with Onvif cameras (for Windows). I'm just looking this function on a standalone DVR, if is not possible ok then, I'm out of luck and I'll continue with an app on my phone...