Sign in to follow this  
Nullsec

Hikvision covert camera semi-outdoors weather suitability ?

Hi guys,

I am searching for aesthetic outdoor camera options for a carport/driveway installation. Bullet/turret aren't really suitable for aesthetic reasons as it is on a dark facia facing the street, also most Hik camera options are white, completely aesthetically unsuitable.

What do you think about the Hikvision covert camera outdoor suitability (If I add weather protection) ?

I am considering the DS-2CD6424FWD-30/6mm which according to Hikvision is an indoor camera, however I feel this rating may be due to the network box it comes with ?

307274_1.jpg

I am considering mounting it flush into a wooden beam (carport) so only the front lens edge would be exposed to any weather, the camera surround could be silicone sealed into a wooden hole and the cable would be fully weather sealed on the inside of the carport, the adapter box will also be a few meters away safely inside the house.

Hikvision are not entirely clear when they say 'indoor'. Do you think the front lens would be ip66 sealed ?

I suppose the main issue is if the lens are prone to condensation or moisture damage ? The only other option I could find is an Axis camera but much higher price and would prefer Hik if possible due to NVR compatibility.

Thanks