Sign in to follow this  
Silhorn

AHD DVR in car. Off and on and off and on?

Hello,

I am planning to install some ahd cameras and dvr in my car. The problem is that the dvr will not have a proper shutdown every time the car is turned off. I have used some DVR's before and usually multiple improper shutdowns are no problem at all, it will boot up just find and start recording automatically again. This scenario however will make it shutdown 2-3 times a day every day. Has anyone had experience like this before? How long did the DVR last?

Also, is there a difference between cheap chinese ahd cameras and the more quality ones apart from image quality?

Hello,

I am planning to install some ahd cameras and dvr in my car. The problem is that the dvr will not have a proper shutdown every time the car is turned off. I have used some DVR's before and usually multiple improper shutdowns are no problem at all, it will boot up just find and start recording automatically again. This scenario however will make it shutdown 2-3 times a day every day. Has anyone had experience like this before? How long did the DVR last?

Also, is there a difference between cheap chinese ahd cameras and the more quality ones apart from image quality?

buy a dashcam and stop screwing around.

Or buy a dedicated mobile DVR unit.