Sign in to follow this  
jeffcdix

Need Recommendations for a Security System

I live in a neighborhood in transition. I have a two story home with a detached garage about 30 feet from the main house. My street is not that busy but does get some traffic. I have been looking at security cameras and systems for some time now. There are four regular doors and one garage door which need coverage. I am very interested in night vision as most of the really crazy stuff seems to only happen then. Would it be better to get a hybrid system of wired and wireless since my garage is detached or dig a trench to the garage? I have heard wireless systems can be hacked and wired ones get you the best images and cameras. Is this true? I am not too concerned about the inside of the home just the entry / exit points. I had previously looked at GW security's options and was leaning towards them. Every system seem to have some really nice features and trade offs. I am pretty technical and should understand any buzz words. I believe 6 cameras will cover the areas I need protected. Any direction and input would be appreciated.