Sign in to follow this  
fencible39

Bad Video Baluns??

My original post didn't get any attention so I decided to do some testing.

I used a 10' piece of Cat5 outdoor 23awg cable and connected power connectors to both ends and VIMVIP screw terminal pigtail style baluns to each end, and used a new camera spare. While the power is going from one connector to the other, hooking the camera to one end and one end to the dvr doesn't work at all.

I purchased the baluns from Amazon (16 pack) and wonder, could they all be bad? Doesn't make sense that they would be but I ordered a different maker set to see what happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Dave

My original post didn't get any attention so I decided to do some testing.

I used a 10' piece of Cat5 outdoor 23awg cable and connected power connectors to both ends and VIMVIP screw terminal pigtail style baluns to each end, and used a new camera spare. While the power is going from one connector to the other, hooking the camera to one end and one end to the dvr doesn't work at all.

I purchased the baluns from Amazon (16 pack) and wonder, could they all be bad? Doesn't make sense that they would be but I ordered a different maker set to see what happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Dave

Turns out I lost two cameras in a t-storm. All of the baluns weren't bad it seems, just one. Real happy I got it up and running and that the tougher CAT5 cable should last longer against the mice.

Dave