Sign in to follow this  
systemsolutions

Monitor with intermittent signal loss, please help.

Having issue with a monitor on a DVR system. We are running from the VGA into an adapter with a BNC output. RG59 with BNC connectors in and then out of a loop through monitor to a 1 to 8 port BNC in, RCA out distributor. From the Distributor there are 2 RG59 runs to tv's that use BNC to F connectors. The monitor that is having intermittent issues has a 50-60ft. RG59 run. The monitor will work for a little while then go out. When we reset the power on the distributor it works, then will loose signal within the hour. Can anyone give me any insight on why this monitor may be having issues? Should we get an amplifier?

50/60ft of RG59 should not be a problem.

I've had 300ft of it in several installations with no problem.

You might have a problem with one of your components, but finding which one might be trouble.

I never reccommend using too many components that mess with the signal (amplifier/converter and so on) as it creates too many things that can go faulty. The more things, the harder to find the problem, usually.

Before removing components one by one until problem goes away, I would ask you to check if monitor has a screen saver mode of sorts.

Many installers use cheap PC monitors, which often has a setting for it.