AlienDroid

CCTV intermittent recording on 4 channels and crashing!

I’ve had the same CCTV system for around 4 an half years now, (yeah it’s old) but it now has some serious issues.

I did have a problem from new where it has always had a problem on one or two channels when fast forwarding or reverse! Not sure if this is the same issue getting worse or unrelated.

Looks like an old VHS system with banding across the screen! If something would move in front of cam then image would become clear!

What’s happening recently;

It’s crashing intermittently.

Some alarms when I play them back it’s just a black screen with no recording, no time display etc! Not all channels.

When play back either from alarm or just pick any point in time the playback will sometimes just stop or I’ll see one sometimes 2 cams blacked out, no timestamp, nothing. Then it can just start working normally and record hours and hours with no issues!

When a channel has not got playback, it slows down to a crawl when trying to rewind or FF! It jerks almost frame by frame maybe 1 or 2 a second even if I’m rewinding at x16. When I'm viewing 4 channels all at once etc. Never had problems doing that before.

What I’ve tried.

Reloading the settings I had backed up. Didn’t work, no difference.

What I’ve not done.

Reformatted the hard drive.

Removed the hard drive and checked the disk for problems.

Never opened the back and checked connections inside, it’s still got its original seal.

I don’t have time to play with this much at the moment, so any info and suggestions welcome.

Make: Maxx Digital Raven HD1000 H.264

8 channel currently using 4.