Sign in to follow this  
cjbreto

IR/Night mode issues

Looking for some help.

I've just installed an 8 channel HIKVISION DVR with x 8 Govision cameras. Cable used is CAT5 and rj45 baluns to connect each end. All cameras are working and crystal clear in the daytime. When it comes to switching over to IR only 5 cameras are working. The others are staying in day mode so the images at night are completely black. I've made sure IR is switched on in the PTZ for all cameras. Settings as far as I'm aware are all good.

Original power supply supplied in the kit was 5A with an 8 way splitter - was only getting 2 cameras working from this. I've actually now installed 4x separate power supplies with 2 cameras on each supply, which has now given me 5 that are working. Longest run is 30-40m

Each camera does change to IR when covered. (Can hear the click over).

I've also had all 8 cameras working correctly depending on which power supply they are plugged into. Surely 8 cameras should not need 4 x power supplies and still not have 3 working? Its driving me crazy. I'm now presuming I should change all the cabling to the RG59 supplied with the kit.

Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be?

Hi it will be your baluns..... the rj45 type are useless for getting power to the camera since they only use 1 pair

Use a standard balun and use 1 pair for video and split the rest for + and-

Also 5amp might not be enough to run 8 ptz cameras that is less than 1amp each