jag_man653

Lorex LNR failure

My Lorex LNR 4082 failed after 3 years. Lorex can't/won't repair it. They want me to buy a newer 4K LNR for $500. Before I do that I'd like to look into alternatives. Any ideas? Naturally, I'd like to keep the existing cameras.

Try local repairers you might get lucky.

Actually, the failed power supply is now in the hands of a competent electronics repair person from the Electronics forum who volunteered. He's waiting for an IC sourced from China. In the meanwhile, I'm looking for alternatives just in case.

Glad to share.

The power supply is available here:

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/1320-166755-47770/Delta-Electronics-DPS-200PB-185-Server-Power-Supply.html#

As I recall, they are refurbished, for about US$100 plus shipping.

In my case, a very kind person from the Electronics forum was able to fix mine. It was not easy. If you are willing & able to do component-level repairs... replacing resistors, capacitors, ICs, he might be willing to guide you.

He and I believe the failure began when the processor heatsink fan shaft broke, locking the rotor, and taking out the power supply components. I replaced the that fan with an identical fan, but then removed it and found a high quality fan from Noctura, NF-A4x10 5V PWM.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ed

Or, perhaps you meant alternative DVRs. I looked around a bit but didn't find anything that would be sure to work with my existing cameras... other than a Lorex 4K model they recommended. I think they would have given me a good deal had I gone that route, but was not able to get them to tell me my replacement cost up front. I probably would have gone that route had the repairs not worked.