TurboMan

Run two cameras and power off of one cat 5

Have 2 cameras run out to our external garage about 80 feet from the house. I ran a 2" conduit for all the data. Well, one of the 2 CCTV supplied cables just stopped working. I only ran 2 but did pull 3 cat5 cables and 2 cat6 cables (along with a bunch of RG-11 and POTS). I know I can run 1 camera and power off of one cat 5 but can I run 2 camera and one power. This little mishap has made me think about adding a camera or two inside the garage. Wire wise I know there is enough but I have looked extensively on the web and not seen anyone do that. I have seen adapters that can run 4 cameras but no power off of a cat5.

Wanted to get a bunch of the bulans and power plugs with the set screws.

So can I run 2 cameras and one power off of one cat5? Thanks in advance.

So can I run 2 cameras and one power off of one cat5? Thanks in advance.

No.

You can put an inexpensive PoE switch in the garage and put the two cameras on that, however, then backhaul the switch on one of the Cat6 cables. Something like a NetGear GS305P.

When you say "Cat5," do you really mean Cat5, or is it Cat5e? If the latter: You can backhaul the switch on that, as well.

Hi. Using existing power from the lead kits will only give you problems as you have already had one fail.

The lead kits don’t last and are not good for cctv.

I would use two baluns ( without tails) and then use your existing pair for power.

Balun on 1 pair for each camera leaves you with2 pair for power

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GJISLDY/ref=sspa_mw_detail_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1