Sign in to follow this  
rolstherat

Help: Best Quality for value Wireless Recordable HD CCTV

Hello, New to the site and looking for advice

I am looking to install outside CCTV cameras. So they need to be HD, Wireless, Good in the dark, Motion PIR,

Ideally also no wired in base station and I want the footage recordable to cluod, base station or other location. but with no wires

I like the Arlo Pro2, but they have a base station

I like Reolink Argus 2 but they have no cloud storage access at present

Swann do some but the battery life looks poor

Any advice please?

Hello, New to the site and looking for advice

I am looking to install outside CCTV cameras. So they need to be HD, Wireless, Good in the dark, Motion PIR,

Ideally also no wired in base station and I want the footage recordable to cluod, base station or other location. but with no wires

I like the Arlo Pro2, but they have a base station

I like Reolink Argus 2 but they have no cloud storage access at present

Swann do some but the battery life looks poor

Any advice please?

Hi. Why choose wireless. How long do you want the system to last ?

You need local record more than cloud.

Also you need to look at the arlo cloud costs ... it is expensive

Even there cloud free ..... 7 days of cloud recording with ONLY 1gb of storage. Work it out ..... that’s less than 10 minutes of recording a day ..... pointless

24/7 recording is 69 a year for each camera each year.

Get your own system and be in control of it ...... money to 3rd party is usless

I've pretty much written-off wireless IP cameras.

First of all: The common consumer stuff, Arlo, Reolink, etc.: As you've discovered they all have their annoyances. The NetGear stuff is probably the best, but that base station is a show-stopper for me, too. Plus, with most of them, you're locked into whatever they wish to provide for recording. Ideally: They want to sell you recurring-fee cloud services.

The "affordable" professional/prosumer stuff, Dahua/Hikvision: Wireless communications, but still require a wall wart for power. Maybe ok inside. Not so much outside.

So I'm just going to bite the bullet, install PoE IP cameras, and be done with all that nonsense.

That solution also gives me the flexibility to use what I want for an NVR: Dedicated product, BlueIris, ZoneMinder, one of the NAS'. It also gives me the flexibility to swap-out cameras in the future, as I see fit.