Sign in to follow this  
paulandrewwalker

In-bar sports on CCTV

Before anyone worries - don't. I'm not talking about licensed sports.

I'm talking about sports that are being played in the bar, namely Darts, being televised elsewhere in the bar.

I have CCTV recently installed throughout, and I have plenty of spare slots for cameras. This is why I decided to put one on the Darts Board. The problem is, typical CCTV cameras are designed to pick up as much of the surrounding area as possible, and not for picking up the intricate segments of a Dart Board.

I want to buy a camera, preferably with the same typical CCTV connections, that has a lens that concentrates the view to what's directly in front of it.

Does anyone know if these sort of cameras even exist and, if so, what I'm typing in to search for them?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Also depends on whether you want to pick up the player, the dartboard or both. Plus are you after picking up any sound? I'd have thought not, but thought I'd ask.

So here is an Amazon link to the product I'm using:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013SL9WGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xdNbCb8SQWCJ5

Only the board itself interest me, not the players. No sound either.

Hi. Paul.

Your system is a HD tvi system. Which is good for your application as there is no lag.

We have done this many time in social clubs. Don't buy anything with IR

What works best are box cameras with 30mm lens

You will get a good clear image with this

http://qedgroup.co.uk/shop/truvision-hd-tvi-box-camera-1080p-c-cs-wdr-12vdc-24vac.html

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this post but I am looking for more or less the same thing.

I have been asked to install 2 cameras for 2 dartboards.

The idea is to use a 4 channel cctv system with 2 channels for the boards and the other 2 to show scoreboards (screen split into 4).

The cameras will be installed about 2m from the boards slightly to the side and the boards are about 45cm diameter.

The scores will be fed from PC's so I will split and convert to HD or composite for the DVR.

Basically I need help on what camera/focal length I need preferably with HD quality as these will be fed into large screen tv's around the bar.

Whether they are the standard coax or poe etc depends on the cost as I need to buy the complete system. I am based in Crete, Greece so I would need to source everything here.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.