Sign in to follow this  

Remote access help

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some trouble getting access to my DVR when outside my home network. I have tried the port forwarding with no luck and also tried to setup the DMZ mode which also didn't work.

I'm no IT expert so if anyone has had experience with netComm routers can i please have some help

Router NetComm NB16WV-02

The DVR is on port 87

I had some issues with my old router which but got it working in the end with the DMZ settings but it failed and im not too sure with the new one as its a bit different.

It has port forwarding and port triggering, not too sure what the difference is.

Peter

I really hope this helps you make sense of it, I saved this one on my web server so I don't have to re-create it again. For router specific instructions, please visit http://www.portforward.com

245563_1.png

I have had a read through that site in the past but still had no luck, even looked on you tube but still cant get it to work.

I dont know what im doing wrong unless I need to foward more than one port.

Also had a friend look at it but he is more into coding than networking and he didnt have any luck either.

I know this is likely asked all the time but I just cant get it to work, spent so much time on it now its not funny

The only way we can help is if you post screen shots of both the DVR and the router, plus take a screen shot of whatismyIP.com and PPM it to me so I can see you public IP. Lastly draw me a quick picture of how you have things wired up. On top of that, how is your PC configured and is it possible that there is some filter or corporate access policy restricting your ability to get to that port?

You have no issues at all accessing it locally?

I have posted the DVR and the router pics, the router has no forwarding as last time i tried i had to reset it and lost all the data.

What other pics do you need of the router ??

Yeah i have no issues viewing it internally through IE but Google chrome wont access it. had this issue with the old router also.

I could access it remotely on this laptop on the old router just not with the new router.

1720378389_Routerfowarding.thumb.PNG.0001cad4067f2271c54981c12736338c.PNG

DVR.PNG.654b27dbfdd4ea0b02937307d9f835e2.PNG

DMZ.thumb.PNG.156bfe095cb61b89c742c134a3d6d3ba.PNG

In "service ports" on your router, you enter the port number you want to use (your HTTP port is shown as 87 on the DVR so use that) and then in the server IP you enter the address of your DVR which is 192.168.20.5, that should do the trick. Are you good with your public IP?

As for not working in Chrome, that is probably an ActiveX thing and pretty common.

PM me if you need someone to try and test it from elsewhere in the world and I will give it a shot for you and report back with a screen shot of what I see.

Thanks ssnapier,

Ill give it a go when i get home and let you know how it goes, i have a usb modem so i can check it that way..

As for my public ip what do you mean with that. I know is not a static one and it will change but once i have it working i will look into DDNS.

To access the DVR i will type in my public ip then the port number yeah

like 123.456.78.901:87 yeah??

Pete

While you're in there you should probably forward the mobile port too, as well as the service port. And you should probably disable upnp in the Dvr too as that could create problems if you're port forwarding manually. Good luck.

Well its kinda working now.

I can see it on my phone using 3G and i can access the dvr but when i login on my laptop it keeps coming up as failed to connect even when i try and access it on my home network

does this screen look like im doing it correct???

Its kinda like my user name and pass word is incorrect.

nearly.PNG.dc5a229d718ed25f7e50ab3a4b92d2a2.PNG

OK got it sorted had the wrong port number, I had 87 but it needed to be 90.

I have also setup a DDNS at noip.com and it is working on my laptop fine but I don't know how to set it up for my phone.

I'm using my eye pro app on my phone and my question is I have setup noip as port 87 for the DVR but the mobile port is 8888 what happens here??

I created a new noip address and set the port to 8888 but it didn't work

this is how I set it up

Is it possible to have the app look at the noip address

Thanks for the help so far

Pete

noip.PNG.f77e33c3ef54a506b536d5b704059dbb.PNG

In myeye, use your no ip name for the address. Use 8888 for the port. But in No-ip, the ip address it should point to is your public ip address, not specific drv or mobile ports. That usually fills in automatically when you set up the account within your local network. You'll also need to set something as the updater, be it in your router or the Dvr itself. If your Dvr doesn't have No-ip as a dyn choice, look and see if your router has it. Most newer routers do. You choose No-ip from the list and input your noip account info and there you have it. Make sure you've port forwarded 8888 too.

My router has noip and I have set it to update.

But when I set the noip it wont let me not fill in a port unless I set it to a DNS host A so it that the one that's needed??

Probably so. You shouldn't have to fill in specific ports. No-ip tracks your public ip address, that's it. Your router acts as the updater in case your public ip address changes. As long as you use your noip name and or ports when needed for login, that's what will point your drv or phone to the right port.

ok so now my phone will work but how do I get the web IE to head to port 87?

I have the phone app set to

mydvr.no-ip.biz (not my actual noip name)

port 8888

this works but if I type in mydrv.no-ip.biz into IE it comes up page not found so im guessing that I need to point it to port 87 so how does that work??

Pete

try writing mydvr.no-ip.biz:8888 in your IE or mydvr.no-ip.biz:87 and see if it is working plus as far as i know the no ip needs a client update program installed in a computer and running all the time to update your host name in the no ip with the latest public ip . hope these suggestions help

Yeah I had tried the :87 and it didnt work either.

As far as I can see the router will do the update.

I thought you said you got ie working with port 90. You can also try typing http:// in front of your noip address too. But you need to add :90 or :87 at the end. Your router will act as the updater, nothing further needed there. As long as port 87 is open and forwarded, that's the one you need to use. Try checking to see its open at canyouseeme.org, I think that's the address. And you must use ie, not chrome. Most times you can only use Chrome if you add an IE tab plug-in.

It worked when I had the noip address set to go straight to port 87 but when I removed the port 87 and just had it going to my public ip address it then stoped working.

Tired the port 87 and http but it still didnt want to work. Ill have another look today ir was starting to get a bit late last night.

Had another go just now and I'm able to get to the login page from outside my network but I cant login to the DVR.

I get the same login failed response coming up when I had the wrong port number.

what do I need to put into this screen, apart from my user name and password.

I have tried 192.168.20.5 on port 90 and 87 but it just fails

I also tried my noip domain name and it doesn't work wither.

1420036510_loginfail.PNG.7c22ef531207d62d06b42389eb0b7fbd.PNG

That's what the login page for your Dvr should look like? Try logging in by domain and see if you can plug in your No-ip address and 87 port... or maybe 90.

Yeah that's the login page and I did try the noip domain with port 87.

I think my USB modem might be the cause so ill try it from another location and see what happens.