rory

SMC Router

I have a client with a wireless SMC baracuda router, 3 home PCs on it, and now the Hi Sharp 4 Channel DVR (He bought himself earlier this year, from my distributor none the less, and you wonder why I have cant sell products!)

Anyway, its really slow on the local network. I checked all settings and the DVR settings are ok, the router settings are default.

Question: are these brand of Routers typically slow, or could it just be the DVR itself, as it IS a cheap 4chDVR ($569 US)

PS. the DVR is under a totally different name, I guess the US distributor stuck their own DVR model number on it! But it is definately the cheaper 4 channel HiSharp DVR (there are 2 models)

Rory

yeah but the trained eye can see the sticker they put on it with their own product ID is half off already, they didnt press hard enough!

Funnier even is the distributor in Florida is selling this as an APro DVR as he has no clue who makes it, he gave me the product ID and I could not find it online anywhere, well go figure! But one look at this one in person, I knew it was a HiSharp, and it was proven by a simple visit to HiSharp's web site; also uses the generic OEM asian DVR software (chinese, taiwanese??)

Rory

yep, they are suckering the end user, and the distributor in this case ...I cant do that to people myself..I guess i will have to switch industries (if I havent already - strictly web applications past month now).. as i cant sell cheapo crapp (anymore - well once already)..?

Anyway im broke right now but have multiple ads in the paper for a couple weeks started yesterday so will see what happens, if nothing does, im following my brother over to manchester, UK, where he just moved to last week.

yeah I had to plant that one, I remember you saying you were a united fan! But its the truth, he is over there now to continue with his music career .. there are lots of coding jobs there apparently, unlike ofcourse here ....

yes smc or linksys or other routers are slow on local network transfer ~4mb

so try to get a local 4-24 port 10/100 or 1000mb swich and use only 1 port on smc as uplink to internet or wireless port only not for local network traffic

dusan