p5jdn

CCTV on iphone

I have just set up a host website which I can view my CCTV outside my network via a laptop. My iphone displays all the settings, so I am getting into the host, but I can not get a picture. I have loaded an APP fom apple (JAADUvnc) which allows me to view my PC direct from my iphone but the PC has to be switched on. I would rather go via the host if anyone has any ideas?

Hi, Iphones are a nightmare - despite quicktime being a mac application the iphone does not support it - normally requires mjpeg, so depending on the recorder you sometimes have to fork out for a small ipserver using mjpeg and us3rd party integration - if anyone has cracked this any other way please let me know.

Cheers

As far as I know Apple also doesn't support Adobe Flash.

And they have App Store to control the software for I Phones.

I can view and control my desktop via logmein, from my laptop, but when I try to log in using my iphone and browser the page does not load after I enter my username and password.

Any ideas? Does Jaadu really work?

I have an everfocus EDSR1600(I know its old), I went ahead and paid for jaadu-an iphone app $24.99. It works well, I can connect to my mac or my windows based laptop with no problem and bring up my DVR thru the browser on the computer. Amazing app, well worth the money IMO.

The DVR retails for $750.00.

The specs are dime a dozen compared to other DVRs that are H.264, and networkable.

I install cctv equipement and everyone wants to remote view using their blackberry or iphone

I was able to use orb to remote view the cameras but orb is just a tv viewer file sharer so I had to modulate the channels I wanted to use (PTz) and then find channels that modulated well...For instances you might have four channels you might want to view and using a four channel modulator one channel might be 71 the next 81 the next 91 and the last 101

anyways it worked and orb worked ok but it was not dependable

another dvr company that I use which is very cheap compared to everfocus or dedicated micros has the app for free and it works friggin increadbible

avtech is the dvr manufacture and the app is eagleeyes through the app store

my price on a 4 channel dvr h264 is 300 bucks with a 500gb and with these features.... well worth it

r

I have no problem watching Axis 207 from my iPhone 3GS over GSM(not 3g) on Safari browser. Smooth video. Nothing special installed on the phone, all default.

That right Rob...Axis has great support for all sorts of browsers and CODEC combos

I just designed a custom page for a client that selects multiple cameras with clickable options on video size, framerate, etc suit your Browser and speed WIFI/3g mobile

I test it on a ipod touch, works a treat.......

now im trying to find out how to stream to a nokia E71 ...............oh!

There are various Apps avalible in the store that allow you to connect into IP cameras directly, just need to setup port forwarding etc.. and your away.

Live Cams being quite a popular cheap one.

DVR

I am selling an OEM AV-Tech DVR in Singapore that allows iPhone viewing .. just need to download the Apps "EagleEyes" .. and configure it .. SIMPLE!

Logmein

These guys are smart .. they have an Apps to view on iPhone .. I think it is USD9.99 .. not willing to spend that $$ yet so cannot comment ..

Just to add to my previous post, the only cameras in my installation that I cannot reach by smartphone (Motorola Droid) are the Acti phones.

My Mobotix cameras? No problem... everything works natively.

My Axis video servers? I have to hit the "stop" button to stop the streaming, and then the pictures come up, but otherwise everything works. You can't get a live stream on the Droid, but you can get a freeze-frame snapshot.

Acti? No luck.

I cannot access my DVR (Luxriot) via my Droid (I don't even think Luxriot has mobile phone software), but since all my cameras are IP-based, I can access the IP sources individually.

does anyone know how to access samsung shr 5162 dvr....... on iphone have no luck with any app in the apple store some give me error on user name and password ... help me out please..... thank you

Just to add to my previous post, the only cameras in my installation that I cannot reach by smartphone (Motorola Droid) are the Acti phones.

My Mobotix cameras? No problem... everything works natively.

My Axis video servers? I have to hit the "stop" button to stop the streaming, and then the pictures come up, but otherwise everything works. You can't get a live stream on the Droid, but you can get a freeze-frame snapshot.

Acti? No luck.

I cannot access my DVR (Luxriot) via my Droid (I don't even think Luxriot has mobile phone software), but since all my cameras are IP-based, I can access the IP sources individually.

we have gotten acti on droid. also not sure what you mean by live stream on droid for axis but we are able to get the mjpg stream.