beam

Samsung 5042 Dvr Web Viewer Issue

Hi,

I have a problem connecting to my Samsung DVR 5042 through my LAN. I have tried both DHCP and Static IP in the settings, and connection test returns a good connection on both, but when I try to access the DVR with its assigned IP address through any web browser, I have used IE, Firefox and Safari Im able to login to the web viewer but get a blank screen, no image, live view etc.

Im using a macbook, would this be a problem? I have read of others connecting fine with their macs.

I dont wish to access the web viewer over the internet via remote login, I would only like to view the DVR feed from any mac connected to the network.

Any help appreciated.

Sounds like an activeX problem or a java applet make sure you have both these enabled and that any security settings arent blocking these, and make sure you are going in over a media port, by default you are probably going in over port 80 if you are just typing in the IP address of the system.

As for DHCP and Static go static on the DVR so the address does not change this may save you a headache latter.

Hi,

I have a problem connecting to my Samsung DVR 5042 through my LAN. I have tried both DHCP and Static IP in the settings, and connection test returns a good connection on both, but when I try to access the DVR with its assigned IP address through any web browser, I have used IE, Firefox and Safari Im able to login to the web viewer but get a blank screen, no image, live view etc.

Im using a macbook, would this be a problem? I have read of others connecting fine with their macs.

I dont wish to access the web viewer over the internet via remote login, I would only like to view the DVR feed from any mac connected to the network.

Any help appreciated.

Hello beam,

I see this was posted in May 2014 but there has been only one reply and since he mentions ActiveX and that is for Windows and IE it will not apply to your Mac anyway. Do you have it working now or did you give up?

It's good that you don't need web remote access as that will never work at the moment, with either a Windows or Mac computer and web browser.

However, if you wish to view the cameras on site, using a Macbook then that is possible but you have to have it set up correctly and that is not necessarily as per the instruction since Samsung have a number of mistakes.

Please send me a pm for the answer if you need it, as I don't wish to reveal it publicly yet for financial reasons.

Redwood

Hi,

Any help appreciated.

Hello beam,

I see this was posted in May 2014 but there has been only one reply and since he mentions ActiveX and that is for Windows and IE it will not apply to your Mac anyway. Do you have it working now or did you give up?

It's good that you don't need web remote access as that will never work at the moment, with either a Windows or Mac computer and web browser.

However, if you wish to view the cameras on site, using a Macbook then that is possible but you have to have it set up correctly and that is not necessarily as per the instruction since Samsung have a number of mistakes.

Please send me a pm for the answer if you need it, as I don't wish to reveal it publicly yet for financial reasons.

Redwood

So you are charging for advice?? Regardless it doesnt seem like you know what you are doing if you say remote access will not work..it sure will.

Hi,

Any help appreciated.

Hello beam,

Redwood

So you are charging for advice?? Regardless it doesnt seem like you know what you are doing if you say remote access will not work..it sure will.

No I didn't say that at all. You should not have jumped to a conclusion that was wrong. I have not charged anyone here for my advice, but Samsung have their instructions all wrong, and their on-line technical help were hopeless too as they did not understand the problem. I have proved that, so I was in negotiation with Samsung to let them know where they were wrong, and why so many owners were having difficulty in getting their systems to work. (for a fee That is the financial aspect)

Redwood