macasy

cnM secure H 264 cannot remote view over internet

Hi all,

Please could someone help. bought this system to monitor our Fish&Chip Shop. installed system no problems, records and can review footage on monitor.

Have a static IP Address and broadband from BT... have BT Voyager Router....try as I might I cannot view or logon to the DVR, I have tried and tried the instructions supplied to no avail...

Need basic steps and help with port forwarding? bit clueless

would be grateful for any assistance. Thanks

Below are detailed instructions for how to setup remote access.

• Assign your DVR a static IP Address on your network. This can be configured by accessing the Main Menu, click the Advance Icon and then click the Network Icon.

TYPE needs to be changed to STATIC.

MEDIA PORT can be left at 9000. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to view camera images.

WEB PORT can be left at 80. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to connect to the DVR.

IP ADDRESS needs to be set as a valid IP Address for your network. If you know the local IP Address of your Internet Router (most routers are either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254), then you can use this to help decide on an IP Address. The first three parts of the IP address will be the same as your Router i.e. 192.168.1. and you will have to assign the last number, which must be unique and not already in use i.e. 100 would result in 192.168.1.100.

NETMASK in most instances this should be 255.255.255.0.

GATEWAY must be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DNS in most instances this should also be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DDNS Settings, which only need to be changed if your Internet Router doesn’t have a static IP Address. If this is the case, then set DDNS to ON and enter the SERVICE, HOST NAME, USERNAME and PASSWORD assigned to you when you configured your Dynamic DNS account.

• Change the settings on your Internet Router to allow incoming Internet connections to your DVR.

The settings that need to be configured can differ between different makes and models of Internet Router, but the most common configuration change is to do with the firewall settings.

Log on to your Internet Router and click the Firewall settings menu.

You will need to add an Inbound Service which allows traffic on the ports required to be open which are 80, Mobile Port “100” (unless this has been manually changed) and the Media Port “9000” (unless this has been manually changed).

Save all configuration changes.

If you don’t know how to configure your Internet Router, please contact your Internet Service Provider or the person who configured your Internet Router to get instructions about how to configure it or get this process done for you.

Now your DVR should be fully networked and accessible on your local network and the Internet.

Connecting using an iPhone

First you must install the MEye application from the App Store. Search for the developer of the software by entering “Sun Jian” in the search box.

Find the MEye application and click install.

Run the MEye application and click the settings icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like a Cog.

• Enter a Title by which the connection will be known.

• Enter the static Internet IP Address of your router, or your DyDNS web address in the Address box.

• Enter the Port number which should be the Mobile Port “100”, unless this has been changed.

• Enter the User ID for your DVR, which is usually “admin”.

• Enter the Password for your DVR.

Click the back icon at the top of the screen and connect to your DVR by clicking the Play icon at the bottom of the screen.

You can navigate between camera views by clicking the number of the camera you wish to view.

To resolve the issue of not being able to access the DVR remotley using IE9 please follow the steps below:

Go to the “tools” menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”.

Go to the “tools” menu again and click on the “Internet Options” option.

Click the “Security” tab.

Click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.

Click the “Sites” button.

Untick the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box (if it is ticked).

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website to the zone:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”

Click “OK”

Restart your browser.

Everything should work correctly now.

Hello just read this post and it sounds ace " title="Applause" /> i would like to give it a go myself tommrow, could cnmsupport just comfirm this will work for me i have the black box 8 channel 500gb

I have virgin media bb

Thanks alot

Hi guys, just purchased cnm secure 4 cam system with dvr, is all set up and working apart from viewing it over the internet. I have a sky sagem router.

If anyone could provide a step by step guide I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Hi guys, just purchased cnm secure 4 cam system with dvr, is all set up and working apart from viewing it over the internet. I have a sky sagem router.

If anyone could provide a step by step guide I would be most grateful.

Thanks

I've tried installing the little cd that comes with the dvr but it appears to be in chinese.

Ok, major hiccup, I changed the resolution to the highest it would go, next thing I know I have lost the screen, nothing on there, just blank! Help

Ok, major hiccup, I changed the resolution to the highest it would go, next thing I know I have lost the screen, nothing on there, just blank! Help

Luckily had a old computer monitor and managed to get the screen back up on that,m switched resolution back down for tv. phewww!!! Okay just the internet viewing now, any help? )

Okay, the default dvr ip address starts with 192.168, my router ip starts with 2.219, I have tried putting the router ip in the dvr, but this doesn't seem possible. any help most welcome

Below are detailed instructions for how to setup remote access.

• Assign your DVR a static IP Address on your network. This can be configured by accessing the Main Menu, click the Advance Icon and then click the Network Icon.

TYPE needs to be changed to STATIC.

MEDIA PORT can be left at 9000. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to view camera images.

WEB PORT can be left at 80. This is the Port which Internet Explorer will be using to connect to the DVR.

IP ADDRESS needs to be set as a valid IP Address for your network. If you know the local IP Address of your Internet Router (most routers are either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254), then you can use this to help decide on an IP Address. The first three parts of the IP address will be the same as your Router i.e. 192.168.1. and you will have to assign the last number, which must be unique and not already in use i.e. 100 would result in 192.168.1.100.

NETMASK in most instances this should be 255.255.255.0.

GATEWAY must be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DNS in most instances this should also be set to the IP Address of your Internet Router.

DDNS Settings, which only need to be changed if your Internet Router doesn’t have a static IP Address. If this is the case, then set DDNS to ON and enter the SERVICE, HOST NAME, USERNAME and PASSWORD assigned to you when you configured your Dynamic DNS account.

• Change the settings on your Internet Router to allow incoming Internet connections to your DVR.

The settings that need to be configured can differ between different makes and models of Internet Router, but the most common configuration change is to do with the firewall settings.

Log on to your Internet Router and click the Firewall settings menu.

You will need to add an Inbound Service which allows traffic on the ports required to be open which are 80, Mobile Port “100” (unless this has been manually changed) and the Media Port “9000” (unless this has been manually changed).

Save all configuration changes.

If you don’t know how to configure your Internet Router, please contact your Internet Service Provider or the person who configured your Internet Router to get instructions about how to configure it or get this process done for you.

Now your DVR should be fully networked and accessible on your local network and the Internet.

Connecting using an iPhone

First you must install the MEye application from the App Store. Search for the developer of the software by entering “Sun Jian” in the search box.

Find the MEye application and click install.

Run the MEye application and click the settings icon at the bottom of the screen, which looks like a Cog.

• Enter a Title by which the connection will be known.

• Enter the static Internet IP Address of your router, or your DyDNS web address in the Address box.

• Enter the Port number which should be the Mobile Port “100”, unless this has been changed.

• Enter the User ID for your DVR, which is usually “admin”.

• Enter the Password for your DVR.

Click the back icon at the top of the screen and connect to your DVR by clicking the Play icon at the bottom of the screen.

You can navigate between camera views by clicking the number of the camera you wish to view.

To resolve the issue of not being able to access the DVR remotley using IE9 please follow the steps below:

Go to the “tools” menu in Internet Explorer 9 and click on the “Compatibility View Settings” option.

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”.

Go to the “tools” menu again and click on the “Internet Options” option.

Click the “Security” tab.

Click on the “Trusted Sites” icon.

Click the “Sites” button.

Untick the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box (if it is ticked).

Add the IP Address or DYNDNS Address for your DVR into the “Add this website to the zone:” text box and click “Add”.

Click “Close”

Click “OK”

Restart your browser.

Everything should work correctly now.

I have come across several threads advising how to get the CnM Secure H264 online, and they all mention media and web port. I haven't got these options on my DVR, just TCP, UDP and HTTP. I cannot get my system online, anyone any ideas??

Thanks