ufoblue

Need some help with DVR network camera - Urgently

Hi, I am new here as you can see. I really need some help with setting up my DVR box though the internet....

THis is the box I got: H.264 8CH DVR-2008H

Specs: http://www.cctv180.com/en/Product/dvr/h.264dvr/2010-09/29061100905000.htm

179276_1.jpg

Here are the instructions I scanned in:

(1)179276_2.jpg

(2)179276_3.jpg

(3) 179276_4.jpg

(4) 179276_5.jpg

(5) 179276_6.jpg

(6) 179276_7.jpg

(7) 179276_8.jpg

(8)179276_9.jpg

As you can see on picture 2, the Ip settings etc... And on picture 3 the port settings. Do I Input the exact settings in my router settings?? And if so where?? I know how to input port settings but I don't know what location in the router settings I would input the IP, DNS etc.... I have a BT fusion Hub ( business and home built in )

Thanks for your help and I hope the pictures I've posted don't bug you too much....

No, most likely those settings will not work, its possible they will but probably wont.

Go to a computer go to start > run and type cmd then once the command prompt is open type in ipconfig /all

This will give you your computers IP address, DNS servers, Gateway, and subnet you will most likely not need to worry about the 255.255.255.0 is fine.

Once you have that information, you will copy your DNS and Gateway to the DVR as you see it on your computer, now for the IP address you need to pick an IP which almost matches your computer, if your computer is 192.168.1.101 then use something like 192.168.1.150 for your DVR.

I can speak for your router, try clicking through the different tabs until you see the one that covers IP configuration.

Hello thanks for the reply.

So I will have to input my computer's IP address in my DVR and for the default gateaway, I will use my router/hub IP addess which is: 192.168.1.0

By the way is it called: DNS servers? It looks like the same IP as my routers IP - 192.168.1.0

I want to setup my DVR though the internet so everyone can access it. If I use my computer static IP address then wouldn't I only have access to it?

And my IPv4 address is: 192.1.68.0.3

So I can use something like: 192.168.0.30?

Edited by Guest

Is this the kind of settings I need to go into?? - LAN setup:

179311_1.jpg

So in the starting IP I would put: my IPv4 address: 192.1.68.0.3

And in the ending IP I could put: 192.168.1.150

The CCTV camera's are for a self employed business company so I want to get this right. I know the people so its fine but this is my first job in this field, so achieving this would make me very happy.

You need to use a dynamic DNS (also known as DDNS) account so that the rest of the world knows the path to your DVR.

The IP addresses you are looking at (all of the 192.168.*.* stuff) are private IP's issued by your router and they are internal to the network... period.

Go here to determine what your public IP address is: http://www.whatsmyip.org/

You then need to set up a DDNS account. Go to http://www.dyndns.org and get an account. Let's say you picked an address like this: "myfirstdvr.dyndns.org"

You would then tie that address to your public IP address and add the port you chose in the DVR (we will use 3526 in this example), so it would look like this: myfirstdvr.dyndns.org:3526

The good news is that your DVR has a DDNS client built in, so it will take care of updating the public IP for you if it ever changes. You simply need to get the account, and then plug in those details (username password, domain name) to the DDNS client on your DVR. Also MAKE SURE you get rid of the default password since you posted it on the internet!

One last thing to do... actually two. I would hard code the IP of your DVR, it will make the next step easier. Login in to your router and tell it that you are allowing port 3526 (or whatever you choose) to be forwarded to the IP address of the DVR. If you have trouble finding the place to do the port forwarding, check out http://www.portforward.com for some help.

Ok thanks. Do I skip the static IP part on the DVR and just select DHCP then move on to the DDNS Config and enter the DNS account settings which I made on https://dyn.com/

The enter the port settings on my router.

And thats it?

If I contact the service provider and tell them to give me a static IP address and they do, then I wouldn't need to setup an Dynamic DNS account would I?

hi. to make things easy. forget about a DDNS service for now get everything working first.

are you using a netgear router ??

no dont enter this back into ports.

all you need is the ip address of your dvr. i.e 192.168.0.3 (example) if you are using netgear just click on attached devices and you will see it.

subnet 255.255.255.0 and your gateway is 192.168.0.1 (if a netgear)

hi. to make things easy. forget about a DDNS service for now get everything working first.

are you using a netgear router ??

no dont enter this back into ports.

all you need is the ip address of your dvr. i.e 192.168.0.3 (example) if you are using netgear just click on attached devices and you will see it.

subnet 255.255.255.0 and your gateway is 192.168.0.1 (if a netgear)

Hello, thanks for the message. I am using a BT fusion Hub....

The DVR box is connected to the hub by ethernet... So I log into the BT hub and find that DVR box under ''devices'' and write down the IP address, then input that IP address in my DVR network settings under ''Static IP?

with a bt fusion its a bit of a mine field.

it will take a while for me to type instructions. so i will do it on word first then post them for you.

but what you have to understand is static ip ddns and all that has nothing to do with how you set your router so its best to put that out of your mind. even if you see it in your dvr settings just leave them blank.

all as you need to do is go into dvr setting > network > and if connected to your router you will see a IP example 192.168.1 .xxx you just need to right this ip down. and that is all you need to do with your dvr.

with a bt fusion its a bit of a mine field.

it will take a while for me to type instructions. so i will do it on word first then post them for you.

but what you have to understand is static ip ddns and all that has nothing to do with how you set your router so its best to put that out of your mind. even if you see it in your dvr settings just leave them blank.

all as you need to do is go into dvr setting > network > and if connected to your router you will see a IP example 192.168.1 .xxx you just need to right this ip down. and that is all you need to do with your dvr.

Thanks I appreciate your help. If I click DHCP from static IP then click save'' and return to network settings, then the right settings would automatically be updated from the router won't they?

When I go into my DVR network settings and write the IP down, where in the router will I have to input that IP address?

Will wait for your guide, thanks

First. Log into your router. Then click on settings. This will then bring up your password screen. Enter your password then click ok.

Then you will see options at top of your screen (you will also see portforwarding) DO NOT CLICK ON IT.

Click on advanced settings. You will get another window and on the screen you will see continue to advanced settings click on it.

Now you will get another screen and at the top you will see portforwarding, click on that and then just below that you will see Supported Applications click on that and you will see another new window.

these are the actual ports you need to enter

Click on add new game application and this is were you need to put your ports. And rule name.

Game/application name: call it cctv

Copy an existing game/application: click the no box

Protocol pick TCP

Port Range 3357 – 3357 then leave the rest blank

then click add and start at top of page again this time call it cctv 2

Game/application name cctv2

Protocol pick TCP

Port Range 3358 – 3358 then leave the rest blank

then click add and start at top of page again this time call it cctv 3

Game/application name: call it cctv3

Protocol pick TCP

Port Range 80 – 80 then leave the rest blank

Then click add and then apply. On the same page at the top you will see configuration click it and you will see,

Game or Application: click on the drop down and look for your rules cctv cctv2 cctv3 only click 1 then go to the other drop down. Device:

And the bottom one will say user defined ip address in the box enter the ip address of your dvr then click add do this for all your rules i.e cctv-cctv2-cctv3 and then click apply

And you are all done. Log out from your router

Ok thanks a lot... I really love your help and I am happy you are helping me.... Where do I get the IP from the DVR. On network settings? Which IP address do I use. under static IP or DHCP?

What about these ports: On the manual it tell me to input these ports exactly in the picture:

179371_1.jpg

hi. under network on your dvr. the ip should already be there if your dvr is connected to your router.

if not you can add your self an ip.

on dvr>>>>> use these.

ip 192.168.1.260

subnet 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.1.254

and you dont need anything in the DDNS fields just leave blank.

hi. under network on your dvr. the ip should already be there if your dvr is connected to your router.

if not you can add your self an ip.

on dvr>>>>> use these.

ip 192.168.1.260

subnet 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.1.254

and you dont need anything in the DDNS fields just leave blank.

Hi thanks... After I do that then I put this in my IE bar: http://192.168.1.260:8080 - To view the CCTV

as we never put port 8080 then no. you should only have ports 80/3357/3358 open

from local (your home network) you would only need http://192.168.1.260

away from your network you need to find you external ip just click on this link. that is your external ip

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

and away from your home network you will enter http:// your external ip :3358

Ok I done that and now I can view it all fine. How can other people see it though the Internet? I got no way of testing it

For your external IP address to find the DVR make sure you have your ports forwarded to the internal IP address of the DVR or else it wont matter if they have your external address your router wont know what to do with the connection.

I have a bt 2700. I put my public ip with 8080 at the end but still no picture. How do I test it from another connection apart from mine

I have a bt 2700. I put my public ip with 8080 at the end but still no picture. How do I test it from another connection apart from mine

ok i have to put my hands up to this i am too confused ......... i thought you said you had a BT fusion. where has the BT 2700 come from .... that is known as the bt 2 wire and only takes mac ip.

also were as port 8080 come from ???

i need to buy a dog....... every time i need one i cant find one.

Sorry it's not my fault. The router hub has 2 model numbers on it. It's the bt 2700 hub.

In your post you say put port 80-80

So thats 8080 isn't it?

Edited by Guest

80-80

port start 80 ..... port end 80

have you done the same with every port ??? 33573357 should have been start 3357 end 3357 and the same with the rest.

It is the BT 2700HGV gateway router

This is the port forwarding settings I've find for my router/hub: http://support.dynamic-cctv.com/shop/PDF/Guides/BT%20ROUTER.pdf

My DVR uses the IP: 192.168.1.74

Now if I input that in my IE like this: http://192.168.1.74:8080

Then I get a prompt to login and I can see my camera.

So I go into my router and put in the firewall settings, click - user-defind application:

CCTV 1: 3357 - 3357

CCTV 2: 3358 - 3358

CCTV 3 : 3360 - 3360

Http Port: 80 - 80

Then I save and exit.

Reboot my DVR Box.

I then go to http://whatismyip.com

I get my public IP address and input that in the IE url bar like this: http://86.22.**.**:8080

But nothing happens!!

I've tried 3356 etc... Still nothing.....

My DVR is set as DHCP and I can't change it to static because if you trie to change it to static and reboot the DVR box then it shows up as DHCP again. It might be because DHCP is enabled on my router...

Now if I input that in my IE like this: http://192.168.1.74:8080

Then I get a prompt to login and I can see my camera.

So I go into my router and put in the firewall settings, click - user-defind application:

CCTV 1: 3357 - 3357

CCTV 2: 3358 - 3358

CCTV 3 : 3360 - 3360

Http Port: 80 - 80

Then I save and exit.

The two parts I highlighted are a mismatch, pick one or the other and that should fix it. I would personally not use either of those because they are so common, but make them match and you should be good to go. Feel free to PM me a link if you want it tested from outside your network.

Hi. on the router port settings when i put, start port 80 - end port: 80 - Wouldn't that make :8080 or would to be :80-80??

I am a bit confused

Thanks I will do