Pearl

Consolidating our comm lines

The company I work for has a single T-1 line, a single DSL line and several 56k dialup lines that connect to our remote surveillance locations. We are thinking that we could consolidate those lines for cost and be able to also increase bandwidth. Our first thought is to consolidate all the connections thru a single DS3 but I've heard that Frame Relay may be a better choice. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Consolidating a T-1 and an ADSL to a DS3 would certanly give you some extra bandwidth, a DS3 packs a hell of alot of bandwidth!

I seriously doubt you'll be able to find a DS3 for the same price as 2, 3 or even 4, 150kbps network connections.

I recommend you keep your T-1 and ADSL, and use a load balancing tool.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ShopGroupID=12&CategoryID=48&ProductID=400

There's no doubt the product isn't perfect, as you don't get twice the bandwidth, you only get full use of the T-1 and ADSL at the same time, kinda round robin / wlc load balancing..

All in all, there are many products like the one I linked too. Check them out, and when in doubt contact a local Linux consulting firm. There cheap and can MAKE you a book that does everything you need.

Mike

Complete CCTV

Security Cameras