hanmertech

Honeywell HD-DVR-1004 and Camplug DVR Iphone App

Hi there,

We have a Honeywell HD-DVR-1004 with 4 cameras.

It is setup as follow:

local IP: 192.168.1.108

HTTP Port: 80

TCP Port: 37777

I have redirected those ports in the router to the local IP (both TCP & UDP). I have setup Dynamic DNS with No-ip.com.

I can get it to work remotely on IE through that No-IP address from anywhere.

I can't for the love of me make it work in an app, be it Android or Iphone. I understand that the official Honeywell app is camplug DVR but it won't work.

Any help? Somebody got it to work? Would it have to do with encode settings? There is sweet bugger all doc on the internet...

I just took a quick look at camplug. It looks like where you enter the dvr port, it should be the TCP port.

Where it says ddns ip, you enter your domain name for your ddns, the ddns port should be set in the

dvr and open in your router, and should be different than the TCP or the Http, and you have

to enter your ddns user id and password that you set up when you set up your ddns. Alittle more envolved

than other iphone apps I've used.

Hi there thanks for your help.

I haven't setup DDNS on the DVR itself because it looks like something different than NO-IP.

Should I set it up on the DVR? It's asking me the local IP of the computer where the DNS server is installed so I thought it was a bit weird

Attached is a print screen for the DDNS config on DVR,

I have server IP and domain name.

In the book it says server IP is the IP of the local computer acting as the DNS server and Domain name is my NOIP domain linked to my network

fletch.jpg.ccf31633bde91458b9f64e0244f13901.jpg

This is what is really confusing me. I should not need to set that up on the DVR as I already have Dynamic DNS setup and can access the web program from the internet.

Do you have a choice for private ddns? If so, use that. If not, it shouldn't matter what it says

if it doesn't say no-ip. If you ping no-ip.com, it comes up as 8.23.224.110 so that is the IP

for no-ip.com. You want to enter that in the DVR so it knows where to send it's updated IP

address just in case it changes. Have you tried canyouseeme.org and tested your ports to see

if your ports are open or not?

If you can access your dvr from your friends house in explorer, than your http port is definitely open and

the ddns is directed to your dvr. If you cannot view it from iphone using 3g, than either your tcp is not

open, or your not entering something correctly in the iphone app settings.

But you should enter the IP of your ddns server so it can update if anything.

Hi yes there is a privateddns option, what should the other fields be then?

I can acces the web access from anywhere even oustide the LAN with ******.no-ip.info ...

The ddns port is the port the dvr uses to send out the new ip to the ddns server. It does not need to be

open because it's sending the info out to the web. But it should be different than the tcp or http.

That's the thing thought it doesnt need that as NO-IP get snotified of IP changing by a program installed one of the comp on the network...

Have you tested it either way? If it does not work with wifi on while on the same network as the dvr, than that rules out port forwarded and the ddns server.

Please set up a temp user name and password and let me try it out if you don't mind. There has to be a setting

in the iphone that your missing or something? It doesn't make sense.

it just comes up with the words DVR CONNECT OK and has the waiting circle rotating but doesn’t do anything else. Seems like it has connected but doesn’t bring up videos

will see if I can setup temporary user and pass

Ok got on the phone with Honeywell,

the right app to use is iDMSS for Iphone and gDMSS for Android and then it works perfect!!!!

Thank for your help vector mate!