rwx

Problem with remote viewing: is it myq-see.com or browser

I just installed a QT428 for a friend, and am having a problem with remote (WAN) viewing:

The IP is dynamic, and is updated using Q-See's DDNS service using the software built into the QT428, although since I installed the QT there has been no change in the numeric IP address. The DDNS service shows the current numeric IP.

The problem is when I am using a PC browser (IE or Firefox) to log into the DVR. If I use the myq-see address (xxx.myq-see.com) it almost never brings up the log in screen. "We are sorry, 121via.myq-see.com cannot be found. We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or try a different search term." I say almost because about 1 time out of 10 it works fine.

If I use the numeric address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) it almost always brings up the log in screen, and I am able to log in.

I also have the Q-See app for my iPhone, and have the same result. "Connect to server failed" or HTTP connect failed" using the xxx.myq-see.com address works about 10% of the time, the digital address works about 90% of the time.

Q-See says there are no problems with the web site.

Any ideas?

I think so too. After I posted this, I registered with no-ip.com and tested one against the other. When the q-see site was not working, the no-ip site would work every time, with Firefox and IE.

I need the q-see site, because it is the only no charge site that the DVR will update with my current IP.

I sent this info to the q-see to see if they would respond. (I had already opened an inquiry, but got the do this, do that, not our website, etc.)

most routers on the market today have DDNS menu entry in them so you could use that as the updater instead. most will support dyndns which let you register a name for free. I would think its more reliable than qsee servers. (I'm using the paid version for all my clients and never had down time so far)

It looks like dyndns charges now. I had not thought of using the router method -- thanks.

I am having a debate with Q-See support on this issue -- they keep telling me to make changes to the DVR setup. However their DDNS has the right IP address. It looks like that shows that the link from domain name to IP address would work.

they still have free account. but you need to register first for pro trial than cancel it. I did it several times already. register, use credit card (no charge), get your domain name, cancel subscription, stay with free account (just one host).

check this http://www.dyncommunity.com/questions/21580/from-dyn-what-happened-to-free-accounts.html

you can check what/if other providers are allowed. in my ddwrt router they support a bunch of them.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DDNS_-_How_to_setup_Custom_DDNS_settings_using_embedded_inadyn_-_HOWTO

but that's just regarding the uptime of ddns servers. what does qsee support wants you to do in the dvr settings?

Their last reply:

"The reason myq-see is having issues is because the updates rely on the correct Primary and Secondary DNS addresses. You have the DVR set to STATIC which mean you need to manually enter these values. You have not done this. You can contact your ISP to get these addresses.

If you had the DVR setup in DHCP or to obtain an IP automatically the DNS addresses would be obtained automatically, and the myq-see domain would work.

The NO-ip domain must not require them"

----------------

I told them no-ip worked, just like putting the actual IP in the browser window. (no-ip is not being automatically updated -- i just manually put the right IP address in to check to see if it was a browser problem.)

I also told them that the update is not a problem. The myq-see account has the correct IP, which has not changed in a week.

Besides accepting updates to the IP, doesn't the DDNS just convert the domain address to the IP address?

interesting. I don't see why their ddns service will require it, if its working remotely with the IP address directly it seems like your routing within the lan is ok. but they know better how their stuff works.

to comply with their request set in your DVR network setting the router internal IP as DNS. this should be good most times, ie DVR dns request are forwarded to the router which in turn gets DNS from your ISP dhcp.

you can temporarily try setting your dvr to DHCP and see what the network setting it gets, my guess is that you'll see your router IP in the DNS, but it could be that you'll see there external IP of the ISP ddns. just use the same settings when you change back to static.

Besides accepting updates to the IP, doesn't the DDNS just convert the domain address to the IP address?

yes you are correct its just convert the DDNS hostname to your current IP. no other magic there.

Thanks -- I will make those changes.

This might have something to do with updating my IP address. But as you indicated, if the myq-see site has the correct address, then it should work without these changes.

BTW, today the myq-see site has worked every time.

hello,

I need help setting up H.264 DVR for remote viewing.

==============================

= Success : =

==============================

1-> I can view DVR Login Interface by typing Local IP i.e http://192.168.1.6/Login.htm and able to view CAM.

2-> I can successfully view cam on Software : CMS

* PROBLEM ?? *

1-> When i try to view camera using DynamicDNS server like (no-ip.com, myq-see.com)

it open Router Login Page and ask for USERNAME: ------- Password: -------

How id did it ?

1-> Create Free account on myq-see.com

2-> Create Hostname.myq-see.com

3-> Type : http://hostname.myq-see.com and it brings me a dialog box that is actually the router default login page.

please i need help as there is no support available form manufacturer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

| CONFIGURATION ON ROUTER |

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-> I am using BSNR ADSL router on MTNL 1MBps Plan

-> My router is configured as ppoe

-> default ip address starts from : 192.168.1.x

-> DVR IP -> 192.168.1.5

-> DMZ set to -> 192.168.1.5

-> HTTP Port Forwarded: prot 80 on 192.168.1.5

-> MEDIA Port Forwarded: prot 34567 on 192.168.1.5

-> I am using DNS :

Primary DNS : 8.8.8.8

Sec DNS : 8.8.4.4 ON DVR and on Router (i.e everywhere)

I am banging my head for last 24 hrs. Please Assist Me setting up DVR for remote viewing

Capture.thumb.PNG.a263c72ecb7ecfec57ff5792bdad0738.PNG

Capturemyqsee.PNG.e22286b360250589c7710314fdb5cfd7.PNG

-- If I say anything wrong here, please correct me as I just am describing things the way I think they work---

Karen-

It looks like you have success on your local (LAN) network, and cannot access your DVR on the WAN (internet).

I had a lot of start up problems, but now everything seems to be working fine all of the time. I do not use CMS, I either use my iPhone with a Q-See app or my web browser (I use Firefox, although IE works fine too).

I assume you have gone through the "can you see me" to see if the ports can be accessed over the internet. I went through the Q-See steps to make sure Firefox and my firewall software allows access to Web Client on my browser

-I would first find the router's WAN IP and see if the myq-see.com site has the correct WAN IP (not the 192 number) There can be problems using the WAN to connect to the DVR at home. You may have to away from your LAN to check thing out.

-Type in your WAN IP in your browser and see if you get a login screen, and can login. Try it again with the myq-see name.

When I am on Firefox and type in http://xxxxxx.myq-see.com/WebClient.html, I get "Web Client" for the tab name and a light blue screen with User name, Password, Language and Login on the screen.

rwx, I think that you may have it. Karan, if you are attempting to access your DVR within the network using the "internet IP", it won't work. Whether on wired or wireless connection. You should be registered with whomever (dyndns, etc.) with the address you have, when accessing "whatismyip.com" from a computer at your dvr location. Now, if you're having a problem accessing your dvr outside your network with the "internet IP", than that's another matter.

Dennis

-- If I say anything wrong here, please correct me as I just am describing things the way I think they work---

Karen-

It looks like you have success on your local (LAN) network, and cannot access your DVR on the WAN (internet).

I had a lot of start up problems, but now everything seems to be working fine all of the time. I do not use CMS, I either use my iPhone with a Q-See app or my web browser (I use Firefox, although IE works fine too).

I assume you have gone through the "can you see me" to see if the ports can be accessed over the internet. I went through the Q-See steps to make sure Firefox and my firewall software allows access to Web Client on my browser Ans. Yes ! port 80, 34567,34599 are OPEN

-I would first find the router's WAN IP and see if the myq-see.com site has the correct WAN IP (not the 192 number) There can be problems using the WAN to connect to the DVR at home. You may have to away from your LAN to check thing out. Ans. Yes ! myq-see.com show correct WAN IP(not 192.x.x.x)

-Type in your WAN IP in your browser and see if you get a login screen, and can login. Try it again with the myq-see name. Ans. When i enter WAN IP it bring ROUTER LOGIN PAGE instead of DVR LOGIN

When I am on Firefox and type in http://xxxxxx.myq-see.com/WebClient.html, I get "Web Client" for the tab name and a light blue screen with User name, Password, Language and Login on the screen. Ans. IT show router login page not the DVR LOGIN

Thanks for the reply,

The problem is when i enter http://xxxxxx.myq-see.com it opens my router login page instead of webclient of DVR.

And yes mqq-see.com has the wan ip ie public ip not local ip.

Edited by Guest

rwx, I think that you may have it. Karan, if you are attempting to access your DVR within the network using the "internet IP", it won't work. Whether on wired or wireless connection. You should be registered with whomever (dyndns, etc.) with the address you have, when accessing "whatismyip.com" from a computer at your dvr location. Now, if you're having a problem accessing your dvr outside your network with the "internet IP", than that's another matter.

Dennis

Thnaks for the reply,

As i have mentioned in my post that i had already registered with myq-see.com and got proper host name.

The problem begins when in enter host name (say: http://xxx.myq-see.com ) in browser, it automatically navigate me on router login page.. (see pics abve) where as it is suppose to direct me on Login page of DVR.

Please reply if i am not clear with the issue..

Thankyou

Can you post a screen shot of/with your registration page with "myq-see"?
Edited by Guest

Can you post a screen shot of/with your registration page with "myq-see"?

here is the screenshot :

myqsee.thumb.PNG.bd36f4be1a248a9063fa515760f366f4.PNG

Man, you're IP is changing faster than the weather. That said, in my opinion, I can't see where, or why, when accessing your myq-see account, the browser would take you to your router address. Makes no sense. Now I see why you are so frustrated. I'm going to give this some more thought and hopefully in the mean time, maybe someone else on the forum will come up with something. Just can't see how accessing your outisde IP address would end up changing (accessing) your inside router IP address. I've been usiing DynDns for several years and never had that issue. Don't know if there is a function within your DVR that would allow a re-route to another address and in your case, your router. That really doesn't make any sense either. As it turns out, I am just as confused as you.

Dennis

Man, you're IP is changing faster than the weather. That said, in my opinion, I can't see where, or why, when accessing your myq-see account, the browser would take you to your router address. Makes no sense. Now I see why you are so frustrated. I'm going to give this some more thought and hopefully in the mean time, maybe someone else on the forum will come up with something. Just can't see how accessing your outisde IP address would end up changing (accessing) your inside router IP address. I've been usiing DynDns for several years and never had that issue. Don't know if there is a function within your DVR that would allow a re-route to another address and in your case, your router. That really doesn't make any sense either. As it turns out, I am just as confused as you.

Dennis

Thanks for the reply,

my public ip is changing because i am restarting router to save changes by selecting save and reboot option. and every time router reebots its allocated a new ip.

I think the issue is with port forwarding because i am able to login to router login page by typeing my external ip address in the address bar.

I think i need to move to another thread in the forum..

thanks for the efforts guys. thanks a lot

Problem Solved ! guys thanks for the efforts.

Solution :

Confiugred ADSL router in Bridge Mode. and forwarded port.. working now !

Problem Solved ! guys thanks for the efforts.

Solution :

Confiugred ADSL router in Bridge Mode. and forwarded port.. working now !

I am having the same issue. I can access DVR with local IP address but when I try to access through myq-see.com domain, it takes to router login page. I changed Port to 81 and again tried but it is not working. Now xxxx.myq-see.com takes to router login page and it does not take to router login page if I try with port xxxx.myq-see.com:81 but it does not take to DVR login page either. Help Required