mattedwardsuk

Samsung CCTV mobile app's woes

Hi

I've setup a new Samsung CCTV system and all works great. The PC software works remotely just fine and but the iPhone app simply won't connect.

I've checked the usual ports and tried different ip settings but the information used for the PC client just won't work...Has anyone else had similar problems?

I'd really appreciate some guidance as Samsung have totally washed their hands with me.

You need to give more details. Samsung cctv system is too vague. Also which mobile app you using?

If you are using SRD-series standalone DVR and iPolis you need to use the last port in the RTSP range.

default is 554-558 so in the iPolis setting you'll use port 558 for the RTSP port.

IPOLIS Mobile work only with SRD-series DVR (h.264) and new SAMSUNG ip cameras (h.264).

If You have DVR from SRD-series check firmware. In new firmware SAMSUNG changed defauts TCP ports to range 4520-4524 (ports in old firmware 554-558). For IPOLIS Mobile port is 4524. Check bandwitdth and frame size settings for live streaming in DVR. If You set bandwidth to high than You might have problem with get stream from dvr.

Tested with IPOLIS Mobile 2.1.1 for Android.

Good Luck

Hi guys thanks for the update. The guy who owned this system has been really ill and only just got back on his feet.

Right the system is an SRD-1630, running the Smart Viewer desktop software version 3.01 and all is fine. I notice if I use the later release of the software then the new Windows 7/8 machines start having .net crashes so I'm running the 3.01 Smart Viewer version...for stability.

Despite this I'm totally unable to connect via the ipad or iphone.

I know the settings now inside out.

I have 554-558 open on the router and this works fine with the desktop client. But despite every effort I cannot get ipolis to work. It will progress through to selecting channels but nothing is shown.

Please help my sanity...all suggestions welcomed!

Just to add the device is running firmware 1.07 so iPOLIS support is in there....god knows...

Matt

I tech support these machines every day I shoulde able to help hopefully.....

Firstly can you connect locally on the wifi?

if you have no wifi make sure you have set the gateway correctly, I get this time and time again where people forget the gateway.

Your RTSP port in ipolis should be 558

I change the http port in the dvr to 81 and use that for the web viewer port - this must be open on the router as well

Keep in mind only one admin user can be connected at any one time.

So glad I ran into this forum about cams. Prepare yourself for a book but hoping someone can help me. I stumbled into a client with 4 SNV-7080R's and 7 SNO-7080R's. Having no experience with them or the custom built PC running iPolis software, but decent network knowledge I was able to get them all online locally no prb. Using iPolis mobile on Android or iPhone LOCALLY all cams come right up, no prbs.

I port forwarded 4520-4530 (4520, 4521, 4522...etc...for each cam IP) and 80 to cover the 11 cams, offsite ALL SNO's show up fine but the 3 of the 4 SNV's won't. Actually Samsung TS was stumped I could get all the SNO's to show up offsite with all of their HTTP ports assigned 80. Here is the config I have all of them, see pic as well:

HTTP 80

Device Port 45xx

RTSP port 554

Web Streaming port 45xx

Silverlight policy 943

Again I have all the cams setup just like this, can look at all the SNOs them offsite right now as we speak but not the 3 SNVs.....how in the world is the ONE SNV showing up? The pic shows the 1st cam config is shown in my pic, I have ALL the cams setup just like this except the DP and WSP are one number off of course.

Have tried all the firmware upgrades...etc...all that stuff, Samsung helping....Samsung swears I need to do each cam different ports..etc... (like 4520, 554, 80 then 4521, 555, 81...so on)

Hoping someone can help...I can even give a static to router or camera login...etc....temp pw...etc...please help

thx

Scott

Untitled.thumb.png.c49b10a05bdc7234a9bd54a615e9c686.png

Found a solution, registered here just to post it. Anyone having trouble viewing their cameras on 4G etc.

1. You'll want to use the DDNS option (after following the next steps), and you can go to iPolis app > setup > choose device to find the option to use DDNS.

2. Register your product on Samsung's DDNS site. http://www.samsungipolis.com

Follow on screen instructions, create profile and register your device and give it a custom name. This site will provide you with a DDNS server url, which should be samsungipolis.com/yourdevicename

3. Once registered, go into your Samsung security device's main menu (the actual security DVR, not the app on your phone) and select Network > DDNS and put in the settings you set up on the web site. It should have the following: DDNS Site will be iPolis, server name will be samsungipolis.com, product ID will be whatever you chose.

Once it saves, you should be able to view your cameras over the DDNS server through your mobile device over the data network and not just wi-fi. Also just a tip, on the iPolis app I still just used the username/password I have for my DVR device, not the username/password I set up on the DDNS website.

if you have no wifi make sure you have set the gateway correctly, I get this time and time again where people forget the gateway.

I change the http port in the dvr to 81 and use that for the web viewer port - this must be open on the router as well

Along the same lines...

Three cameras behind a router. Trying to connect from a DVR (or PC for that matter) from the internet side. I've set up port forwarding as shown in the attached screenshot. If I browse to http://:8080, it come up with camera 1. if I browse to http://:8081, it also comes up with camera 1. Samsung SNO-L6013R cameras. I know it has something to do with the RTSP port but can't figure it out...

portforwarding.jpg.fc147648d2a13c42c51f261bbb79c11c.jpg

Hello everyone,

I have a SDS-4082 dvr, Samsung made. Long story with the setup but finally got it up and running.

No issues with the Smart Viewer on PC but the Android application is working for one up to max 3 days ,after that I need to restart the dvr system to have it running again on my smartphone. Noticed that if I acces from my phone and next from my wife will stop. We never accessed in the same time but even separately the next time you try is not working.

Any ideas why?

Using

Ipolis 2.8.3 on a Samsung S7

DDNS www.amsungipolis.com/xxx

port RTSP 4550

Bought a samsungsv from sams it has 4 cameras.

Hooked everything up myself and its working great.

It's connected to my homes network so I can view it while I'm away. Checked it from my iphone when I went out to the store and everything it working good.

Checked it at several places actually. Everything is fine.

I'm now 5 states away on business and my phone fails to connect. I have a good signal where I'm at currently 3 bars on LTE.

Does anyone know why I can't connect?