KYZAAC

DVR Email Setup Help

Hey Guys! I know this has been probably covered, and I did search through a few topics. Over the last few weeks I have had nothing but problems between my ISP & trying to configure my DVR, If I got into details it would take up 20 pages. I am not very good with all the technical terms, I am so mentally frustrated from all of this troubleshooting, I am hoping for a straight and simple solution, if at all possible.

I finally just got my DDNS Server working so I can view it from a website while I'm away at work, I'm not sure thats even setup right. But for now I'm moving back to trying to setup my Email.

_______

My DVR is a cheap unit I got off ebay on sale for $69.99 and free shipping, so it was hard to pass up. There is no name brand on it besides H.264, I will post the link at the bottom of the page.

I want to set it up so it will email me a snap shot when it detects motion. So far I have not been able to get anywhere. I have tried every setting I could find in the manual & online for both Gmail & Hotmail, With every port listed for their server settings. I've tried and changed so many settings It's hard for me to explain exactly what I have done.

I tried to Port Forward the ports that are listed with the email settings, but even after they are forwarded, the test still says they are closed. Is that the problem? All other DVR Ports are opened without issue. If there is any info or screen shots you need just let me know. Here is a pic of the email settings.

This is from the User Manual

212647_1.png

This is one of my current email setups, I was mostly using gmail settings

212647_2.png

H.264 CCTV Security DVR System

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-In-1-4-Channel-H-264-CCTV-Security-DVR-System-3G-IE-Mobile-View-4x-Cameras-Kit-/200831825374?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Did you verify that those are the correct settings such as the ports from window's mail to use for your email? Also, if that isn't the problem and it just isn't sending out the email when it senses motion it could be something needs to be set under the alarms option on your main menu. Have you set anything up in there yet?

Whoever your internet provider is, you need to create an email account with them as well and use THAT email account to set this up- only your IP's email account. I have optimum in this area. From the start I've had an email account with them as well- myaddress@optonline. net. Then you need to visit their online site in the support section or ask them what address their smpt server is and what port outgoing uses. NOT port 25, but what port outgoing uses. It could very well be 587. If you're having trouble finding their smpt server address, try this site-

http://www.e-eeasy.com/SMTPServerList.aspx

If your IP isn't in the list, just type it into the search above the list. For instance, I searched and found my IP smpt address is mail.optonline.net. Visiting my IP providers site and searching in support for smpt settings, I found out that outbound is port 587. So with that info, in your settings I would fill in as follows if for example it was my account info-

SMPT server- mail.optonline.net

Port- 587

SSL- optional, see if having it on or off makes a difference

User name- that is everything in your address that comes before the @, so for example in the address myaddress@optonline. net it would be myaddress for my user name

Password- the password I created to log into that email account

Sender- myaddress@optonline. net

Receiver- here it can be any address you wish for as many addresses as they allow you.

Understand, it is critical you use only an email account and info for your internet provider that you use for cable and internet in your home. Using gmail or hotmail or the like doesn't usually work. When you get this working, you'll probably turn it off. If your cameras are outdoors, your inbox will begin flooding with motion emails. It's only really useful for indoor cameras where motion may be more limited, or for setting it for video/power loss. That is good email alerts to know about. Motion? It depends on your setup. For motion emails- be careful what you wish for. When you get it working, you just might turn it off very quickly. Good luck.

Did you verify that those are the correct settings such as the ports from window's mail to use for your email? Also, if that isn't the problem and it just isn't sending out the email when it senses motion it could be something needs to be set under the alarms option on your main menu. Have you set anything up in there yet?

Yes, I have tried every setting and port option I could possibly find. 25, 587, 995 etc.. none of those ports would open after port forwarding tho. Yes, I also set all the alarms in every possible option listed, I just wanted to see if I would send an email. When I open the software on my PC the alarm siren won't stop wailing, for video loss, video blind, etc. It would start sounding over the stupidest thing, I ended up disabling them all and I still get the alarm sounding, I had to mute it. But not getting any emails.

Whoever your internet provider is, you need to create an email account with them as well and use THAT email account to set this up- only your IP's email account. I have optimum in this area. From the start I've had an email account with them as well- myaddress@optonline. net. Then you need to visit their online site in the support section or ask them what address their smpt server is and what port outgoing uses. NOT port 25, but what port outgoing uses. It could very well be 587. If you're having trouble finding their smpt server address, try this site-

http://www.e-eeasy.com/SMTPServerList.aspx

If your IP isn't in the list, just type it into the search above the list. For instance, I searched and found my IP smpt address is mail.optonline.net. Visiting my IP providers site and searching in support for smpt settings, I found out that outbound is port 587. So with that info, in your settings I would fill in as follows if for example it was my account info-

SMPT server- mail.optonline.net

Port- 587

SSL- optional, see if having it on or off makes a difference

User name- that is everything in your address that comes before the @, so for example in the address myaddress@optonline. net it would be myaddress for my user name

Password- the password I created to log into that email account

Sender- myaddress@optonline. net

Receiver- here it can be any address you wish for as many addresses as they allow you.

Understand, it is critical you use only an email account and info for your internet provider that you use for cable and internet in your home. Using gmail or hotmail or the like doesn't usually work. When you get this working, you'll probably turn it off. If your cameras are outdoors, your inbox will begin flooding with motion emails. It's only really useful for indoor cameras where motion may be more limited, or for setting it for video/power loss. That is good email alerts to know about. Motion? It depends on your setup. For motion emails- be careful what you wish for. When you get it working, you just might turn it off very quickly. Good luck.

Thank you! You info was very easy to understand.

As I said in the first post my ISP was the main problem to begin with. It's a tiny local company in a small town in Nova Scotia, Canada. They only have maybe 7000 customers or so (They only have 2 tech support agents and I got the same guy everytime I called) When I called to get the router password they wouldn't give it to me. They changed the default Password so users could not change the settings. When asked if they could open a port they said no. I had to buy a wireless router and get them to bridge their modem/router combo, and of course they did they wrong and still couldn't open ports. After a week of troubleshooting I called back and got a different guy on the phone that said the Modem was bridged wrong the whole time. They are very hard to deal with, and dont want to help with anything like this. As long as you can get to google they think you should be happy. It's just been one thing after another with them, I'm stuck in my contract for another year though.

I couldn't find it using that site or a google search. I don't even have an email with them or couldn't find a way to sign up. I'll have to call tomorrow to try and figure it out. I just sent an email asking for the info. Here is their website.

http://www.seaside.ns.ca/net_home.html

I just noticed it says they will host 1 free domain and setup an FTP, I know the DVR has an FTP option on it. I don't know much about that yet though. I should stay clear until I get all this figured out lol

Ok, so basically all I have to do is..

-Setup an email account with my ISP

-Get there SMTP Server & Outgoing Port (does this port have to be forwarded????)

-Set it up with the settings I get from them

-Then I can use my hotmail address in reciever to get the Alerts.

Sounds so easy, but I bet I'll have a nightmare dealing with my ISP haha

Yes, Your right about it driving you crazy, I had all the alarm options set to see if I would get an email and the siren was going off like crazy as I mentioned above. Once I get it working I can configure it. I work out of Province for months at a time, so I would like to have the option availble if needed.

Butt... Over the last year there has been breakin's and thefts all over town from junkies (I live in a tiny town) My cars were broken into a bunch of times over the last few months and got cleaned. They broke into my grandmothers barn across. My brother got his cd player stolen. He went months with none, he finally bought a new deck and installed it the day before yesterday, he got up for work the next day and it was gone, And he lives on a different side of town. I got thousands of $$$$$ in tools alone in my garage, not o mention just dropping $12,000 in my car. If they got in there it would be like Christmas.

does this port have to be forwarded????

No it does not. It has nothing to do with port forwarding.

On their website, I see that you can log into web mail. THAT is what you want to setup, when you call. You want to open a web mail address with them, for starters. Once you have that account, you may be able to see other info you need, in the account settings menu. But once you set up web mail with them, you're getting there. Then all you need to know is their smpt server address. Is it mail.seasidecommunications. com, or something like that? Maybe smpt.seasidecommunications. com. They should provide you that info. Once you have the web mail address and the smpt server name, then you can try the different port choices in the dvr in port settings. That port number has nothing to do with port forwarding, so don't even get into that. Good luck with your progress.

Maybe you can try other email, like yahoo, gmail(port 465).

Following are for gmail;

1, User Name: any name will be ok, instead of your email address

2, "Enable"&"Need SSL" should be checked

3, Sender and receiver be the same, of course, you can also do two different ones for a try

From the picture you provided, seems there's no snap shot, only messages can be sent to your mailbox.

Hope my info can do your help!

Lissa

does this port have to be forwarded????

No it does not. It has nothing to do with port forwarding.

On their website, I see that you can log into web mail. THAT is what you want to setup, when you call. You want to open a web mail address with them, for starters. Once you have that account, you may be able to see other info you need, in the account settings menu. But once you set up web mail with them, you're getting there. Then all you need to know is their smpt server address. Is it mail.seasidecommunications. com, or something like that? Maybe smpt.seasidecommunications. com. They should provide you that info. Once you have the web mail address and the smpt server name, then you can try the different port choices in the dvr in port settings. That port number has nothing to do with port forwarding, so don't even get into that. Good luck with your progress.

Thanks! I was trying to forward every port possible.

I sent them an email asking to setup an email and they told me to call. I tried to call but their tech support closes at 10:00 Pm and i've been pretty busy the last few days. Then my hard drive just crashed so i'm in the middle of trying to recover that the last few days. But I think your email idea is what is going to work.

Maybe you can try other email, like yahoo, gmail(port 465).

Following are for gmail;

1, User Name: any name will be ok, instead of your email address

2, "Enable"&"Need SSL" should be checked

3, Sender and receiver be the same, of course, you can also do two different ones for a try

From the picture you provided, seems there's no snap shot, only messages can be sent to your mailbox.

Hope my info can do your help!

Lissa

I tried both gmail & hotmail on every port possible, and neither would work. I also tried full email and just the username. Thanks though!

While i'm waiting to get ahold of them to setup the email, do you know how I can fix this issue? I can get to the login screen but when I sign in I get the Net Failure error. It was happening on my 3 PC's with windows 8, now it only happens on my desktop, all other PC's I can sign in without issue. I tried to find plug in's and adjust the active x settings, I can't find anything on google either. It's not really a big deal on my desktop, but if I try to sign in from somewhere else and run into the same issue, I'd like to be able to fix it.

212990_1.png

I got the webmail setup through my ISP. They use the same in and out going SMTP Servers, I asked about the port they use, she said whatever you use as the default port?

I tried 25, 110, 587, 995.

I used the email as both the sender and receiver, I tried changing the receiver to my other emails. Still nothing. Is there any way to test if the settings are right without trying to set off an alarm?

EDIT:

I got That Net Failure working too breifly, I changed a bunch of security settings and it worked, then I started back tracking to see what setting it was that actually got it working. Now i'm locked out again. The Restricted Sites under the security tab is where the issue is I think, It's stuck on High, and won't let me move the slider at all. I tried to allow every option in custom but it still never worked. I tried restoring, changing resistry values etc and still nothing.

Any one know if I can remove IE from Add/Remove Windows Components and re add will that be like reinstalling IE? I'm using Windows 8

How did you get the CMS software working?

I added my DVR (host type DVR 2012) with port 10000 but it doesn't to work. Could you please tell me what informations you provided to make it work?

Edit: Got it working. I just restarted my DVR ..

On this forum, the DVR should be identified by something They are frequently sold on Ebay .

I noticed an identification on the printed board "GM8182T XSA V1.6." and found, Grain Media in Shenzhen City, 518057 China to be the manufacturer of this board

see http://www.grain-media.com/html/8186_87_82_83.htm

I emailed them for more info and asked them if they have a firmware upgrade for the DVR

So far no response and at this time I do not expect any response .

I suggest to identify this DVR by the printed circuit board name "GM8182T"

217255_1.jpg

I also purchased on Ebay the No Name H.264 DVR (circuit board #GM8182T)with v01.00.00.32(4CIF 128M) as firmware.

I was able to configure the DVR (with some difficulty to understand the included translated manual),

I have not tried email and FTP.

I can access the quad screen with video of the DVR on my computer within my own router network.

For any outside network communication, I port-forwarded the DVR in my router and was able to try the outside network modalities such as the DVR remote quad screen and the monitor mode to watch streaming video on my Mobile windows 6.1 smartphone.

I am struggling with the remote (outside my network) quad screen and controls

The DVR asked me for the username and password and the splash page would present it self, but not the video.

The vendor told me it only will work with Windows explorer 7. Absolutely no further help from the vendor.

That is where I am now. No remote video.( even with explorer 7)

The Meye_WM aps for my mobile windows 6.1 smartphone works both outside and inside my home Network

Anybody who can shed some light on this no name device , it would be very much appreciated.

hi '

i have the same dvr , can anyone help me and tel me what is the default password for this kind of dvr ? and how can i reset it ?

thanks alot - plesae help

hi I have a DVR with a GM8182T firmware ...

I am also the most urgent firmware for it ... is really important

hi '

i have the same dvr , can anyone help me and tel me what is the default password for this kind of dvr ? and how can i reset it ?

thanks alot - plesae help

i have same dvr too default user:Admin default password is blank or 888888 10 attempt failed need to wait 30-60min. before you can try it again

on CMS

Default user: system

Default Password: blank

(note! system is your super user account)

I got the webmail setup through my ISP. They use the same in and out going SMTP Servers, I asked about the port they use, she said whatever you use as the default port?

I tried 25, 110, 587, 995.

I used the email as both the sender and receiver, I tried changing the receiver to my other emails. Still nothing. Is there any way to test if the settings are right without trying to set off an alarm?

EDIT:

I got That Net Failure working too breifly, I changed a bunch of security settings and it worked, then I started back tracking to see what setting it was that actually got it working. Now i'm locked out again. The Restricted Sites under the security tab is where the issue is I think, It's stuck on High, and won't let me move the slider at all. I tried to allow every option in custom but it still never worked. I tried restoring, changing resistry values etc and still nothing.

Any one know if I can remove IE from Add/Remove Windows Components and re add will that be like reinstalling IE? I'm using Windows 8

Me too having trouble setting up email notification i tried all what you said and enable all possible on alarm and motion nothing happen my vendor try to access my computer using team building even the technician wondering why it doesn't work? i'm asking for a firmware update but they refuse to give me firmware update all i know there is bug problem on my firmware and too to fix it by updating the firmware

here what i saw on my board

GM8182T-XSA-V1.6

AT-3L-K10

DVR AK3004

Software version: V2.3.39

Hardware version: V.2.0.0

and also having trouble accessing build-in own domain

Own domain name: a2013****.dddns.org

Second domain name: a2013****.mobile-eye.org

i try typing dddns.org and i setup i'm having trouble i can't login i try my user name Admin and my dvr password not working also login info on cms using super user nothing happen i also try browsing a2013****.dddns.org and say the page can not display and redirect me

Oops! Page Not Found

Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found.

and i also try accessing through telnet if there is a hidden menu but i don't know the user and password i try root and my password and Admin i tried everything not let me login it said

localhost.localdomain login: root

Password:

Login incorrect

localhost.localdomain login:

Login timed out after 60 seconds

help please btw if any here know where i can download firmware for my dvr please give me ^_^

someone post and said firmware update download link for this dvr is http://milantrend.com/4CHupdate i tried to download but not recognise my dvr i try using my monitor , cms, IE8 failed wondering i can do it through telnet

I bought my dvr here http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=17173&main=167

in order to successfully activate the email feature and subsequently send snapshots the following must be done: (Gmail taken as an example )

1. Login into gmail and ensure that Less secure apps are allowed to sign in to the account in question

1.1 Link to less secure apps: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps (click Turn on)

2. Go to the DVR/IP Cam (xmeye os) Settings - System - Netseting and open the email option

3. Enter smtp.gmail.com at smtp box, port 465, SSL (Needed, check the box) and the rest as per account in question

4. Check settings, hopefully you get success

5. on the DVR/IP cam via local login or via browser go to Alarm then Snapshot and activate snapsho to desired features and timing

6. Setting, Alarm, Video Motion - Enable, click the box for email and press the button for snapshot...also check the timing for alarm above

This is what I did and it worked

let me know if I can help further

765525089_2016-06-2317_48_59-Deviceconfig.png.3eaeadb430879c0e137248e23087de58.png

email.png.ba9fc9c8c079491cc981a2e79779bb42.png

2090752818_enablesnapshot.png.3dba605fee42d4dc4aab29a8c8e6b32a.png

I have tried all of that too, using all the different ports, ssl on and off for both google and yahoo to no avail. it either fails to connect to server or fails to send mail.

I have tried all of that too, using all the different ports, ssl on and off for both google and yahoo to no avail. it either fails to connect to server or fails to send mail.

same here i tried it all still not working Q_Q